beatles here comes the sun by willem

willem

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:30 am

tovo wrote:
Hey Willem. I think it's a great use of time to revisit tunes that have given us a bit of grief and spend more time on them. I have been doing the same, hoping that with more guitar time under my belt I will do a better job 2nd time around. I can see big improvements in your playing, and as a couple of posters have said, there's definitely some nice clean playing here. Keep working and look forward to seeing it again in a while. Cheers mate!

Thx Tony,,,we can go and and go on learning songs and then forget to play the ones we nailed in a sort of way,,I think this gonna be my second whole fingerpickin song that I will play and warm up with(blackbird is the other one),,

I am happy with you noticed my improvements,,its a signe that you remember my suckin ones tooo :laugh: ..

I started practicing this song again on monday so I was very pleased with my effort and the great support I got here,,

Willem

michelew

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:39 am

Hey Willem,

It's a beautiful song and one I have to revisit and knock the rust off of too. Thanks for the reminder.

You're getting some beautiful sounds out of that guitar, just gorgeous, and some of the phases sound spot on. Others, as Den and others have said, have timing issue. I strongly second Tom's advice. Use guitar Pro or something that allows you to slow a recording down significantly and then play against small sections of the song in loops. Guitar Pro is great for this because you can see the music and where the line is up to as you hear it being played. It's a visual, hands on and hearing thing.

Once you can play each phrase against guitar pro slowly, ... Well you know the drill, put it all together and then speed it up.

Once you sort out the timing issues this is going to sound SUPERB.

Thanks for the peek.

Shel

willem

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:51 am

michelew wrote:
Hey Willem,

It's a beautiful song and one I have to revisit and knock the rust off of too. Thanks for the reminder.

You're getting some beautiful sounds out of that guitar, just gorgeous, and some of the phases sound spot on. Others, as Den and others have said, have timing issue. I strongly second Tom's advice. Use guitar Pro or something that allows you to slow a recording down significantly and then play against small sections of the song in loops. Guitar Pro is great for this because you can see the music and where the line is up to as you hear it being played. It's a visual, hands on and hearing thing.

Once you can play each phrase against guitar pro slowly, ... Well you know the drill, put it all together and then speed it up.

Once you sort out the timing issues this is going to sound SUPERB.

Thanks for the peek.

Shel

Thank you Michele,,I will do all these practice tips more!!! I do work on it that way and I am aware that it should be that way 'cos you learn it right and when we(I) have played it 100000000000 times we gonna be sure its right 'cos its in your brains/fingers..

Willem

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:44 am

Hey Willem

That was great.
Plenty of sun there.

Dermot

:laugh:

willem

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hey Willem

That was great.
Plenty of sun there.

Dermot

:laugh:

Do you laugh at me or what?? :laugh:

Thx Dermot...

ps ,,When do you have sort out you computer??

tombo1230

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:05 pm

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Willem,
I learned this song last year and the little timing errors etc that you have, have already been mentioned. I learned this by playing it against guitar pro and I have to say this made learning the timing a lot easier. Maybe you could try this? I played it slow until it was good, then it just naturally sped up.

I think this is the cleanest I have heard you play yet. Good effort, keep practicing! :)

Tom N.

Thank you so much Tom,,,you said you learned the song last year,did I missed your upload?

I practice little pieces along with GPRO in a slow tempo,,I must confess that this was a third recording while playing the whole piece and was a sort of happy with it,,you know the issues while playing against a camera!!! :laugh:

I am very happy with that this was my cleanest playing ever,,I give the fretting placements a lot of attension and sure study why!!! does it buzz etc...

Willem
I stopped playing the song suddenly Willem. :( It was this time last year and as you might recall I tore my bicep in a sports accident. I was operated on, a year to the day, today! :(

I was able to play it in sync, at full speed with Guitar pro. I played it again for the first time the other night. I would need to brush up on it now as I have let it go for so long, but it is a great tune to learn. I hadn't thought of putting it up for review, but maybe I will re-learn it and do so. It shouldn't take long to knock it back into shape again. :)

Your fingerpicking has certainly come on Willem. You must be studying it well. B)

Tom N.

willem

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Willem,
I learned this song last year and the little timing errors etc that you have, have already been mentioned. I learned this by playing it against guitar pro and I have to say this made learning the timing a lot easier. Maybe you could try this? I played it slow until it was good, then it just naturally sped up.

I think this is the cleanest I have heard you play yet. Good effort, keep practicing! :)

Tom N.

Thank you so much Tom,,,you said you learned the song last year,did I missed your upload?

I practice little pieces along with GPRO in a slow tempo,,I must confess that this was a third recording while playing the whole piece and was a sort of happy with it,,you know the issues while playing against a camera!!! :laugh:

I am very happy with that this was my cleanest playing ever,,I give the fretting placements a lot of attension and sure study why!!! does it buzz etc...

Willem
I stopped playing the song suddenly Willem. :( It was this time last year and as you might recall I tore my bicep in a sports accident. I was operated on, a year to the day, today! :(

I was able to play it in sync, at full speed with Guitar pro. I played it again for the first time the other night. I would need to brush up on it now as I have let it go for so long, but it is a great tune to learn. I hadn't thought of putting it up for review, but maybe I will re-learn it and do so. It shouldn't take long to knock it back into shape again. :)

Your fingerpicking has certainly come on Willem. You must be studying it well. B)

Tom N.
AH Tom I sure remember now that you worked on this instrumental and your sport accident and that I did ''silent night''(sorry for not remember this),,well I let it to you for re-learn it but when you love or liked it then you like or will love it now,, I think its a great instrumental for having it under the strings..I think you will ;)

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic