beatles here comes the sun by willem

willem

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 am

After a few uploads by our members I thought I go back on this tune and try to do it better then two years ago(or longer),I think I'm not yet there..

I will keep playing it now till its all in my brain... B)

buddy

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:13 am

Willem, Nice work on this classic tune. I think this is the best video you have put up for review !

Bud

willem

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 am

buddy wrote:
Willem, Nice work on this classic tune. I think this is the best video you have put up for review !

Bud
Thx Buddy,,I think also its my best :laugh: and I did my best too B)

Willem

dennisg

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 am

Willem,

This is a tough song to get a grip on, but you're well on your way to getting it under control.

There are a few issues that I think Neil will probably address. One of them is some notes that are missing here and there, consistently in the same spot throughout the song. Another is your timing. You are occasionally playing quarter notes that should be eighth notes. That's difficult to pick up when you learn a song from a tab, but you might want to go back to Neil's lesson to see what he does with the timing. After you feel you understand it, you might want to try playing along with him.

willem

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:02 pm

dennisg wrote:
Willem,

This is a tough song to get a grip on, but you're well on your way to getting it under control.

There are a few issues that I think Neil will probably address. One of them is some notes that are missing here and there, consistently in the same spot throughout the song. Another is your timing. You are occasionally playing quarter notes that should be eighth notes. That's difficult to pick up when you learn a song from a tab, but you might want to go back to Neil's lesson to see what he does with the timing. After you feel you understand it, you might want to try playing along with him.

Hi Dennis,,thx,,,I try to play the song lets say by feel and thinkin a bout the lyrics,,but I learned it from the lesson and tab were I can see were the quarters and eight notes are and they sure make it difficult to add,,I guess you know the song very well.. :laugh: B)

zeer gewaardeerd,,dank u..

Willem

tacticaltal

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 pm

lol, Willem, I was working on this last night, although mine was the singing along version), and I'm still having issues with it, but I'm coming along. I played for 30 minutes (same song) and my fingers said ENOUGH, ALREADY!!! :)

There are some timing issue and missed notes, as mentioned earlier, but it seemed like you were aware of them while playing. Just need to keep playing it.

terry

tombo1230

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi Willem,
I learned this song last year and the little timing errors etc that you have, have already been mentioned. I learned this by playing it against guitar pro and I have to say this made learning the timing a lot easier. Maybe you could try this? I played it slow until it was good, then it just naturally sped up.

I think this is the cleanest I have heard you play yet. Good effort, keep practicing! :)

Tom N.

tovo

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey Willem. I think it's a great use of time to revisit tunes that have given us a bit of grief and spend more time on them. I have been doing the same, hoping that with more guitar time under my belt I will do a better job 2nd time around. I can see big improvements in your playing, and as a couple of posters have said, there's definitely some nice clean playing here. Keep working and look forward to seeing it again in a while. Cheers mate!

willem

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:11 am

tacticaltal wrote:
lol, Willem, I was working on this last night, although mine was the singing along version), and I'm still having issues with it, but I'm coming along. I played for 30 minutes (same song) and my fingers said ENOUGH, ALREADY!!! :)

There are some timing issue and missed notes, as mentioned earlier, but it seemed like you were aware of them while playing. Just need to keep playing it.

terry
Hi Terry,,THX,,,I love the singin(strumming) one too and I sure want to learn it,,maybe you can inspire me to go at it,,waitiiiinnnng!!

I sure was aware of the faults,,maybe the upload was to early but I could'nt wait for the perfect take..workiiiing!!!

willem

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:21 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Willem,
I learned this song last year and the little timing errors etc that you have, have already been mentioned. I learned this by playing it against guitar pro and I have to say this made learning the timing a lot easier. Maybe you could try this? I played it slow until it was good, then it just naturally sped up.

I think this is the cleanest I have heard you play yet. Good effort, keep practicing! :)

Tom N.

Thank you so much Tom,,,you said you learned the song last year,did I missed your upload?

I practice little pieces along with GPRO in a slow tempo,,I must confess that this was a third recording while playing the whole piece and was a sort of happy with it,,you know the issues while playing against a camera!!! :laugh:

I am very happy with that this was my cleanest playing ever,,I give the fretting placements a lot of attension and sure study why!!! does it buzz etc...

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic