Lynyrd Skynnyrd Sweet Home Alabama by Lavallee

Lavallee

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Sweet Home Alabama

I have been working on this song as a rhythm exercise. The song is often listed as an easy 3 chord song. When you add the embellishment, it becomes more challenging, for me anyway. Still struggling on the bridge with a bunch of hammer ons but it is better than it was.

It was presented by Neil in the IRL and I always liked it. I found a karaoke track , kept the piano, drum, bass and lead guitar. I have been practicing against this to improve my rhythm. I have kept
my guitar louder and everything else not so loud on purpose and my voice really not so loud just the fill the song.

Thank you Daryl for your wise advices and help

Marc

Lavallee
TARGET Member
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to send a Private Message to this user Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Longueuil, QC Canada Birthday: 06/03

buddy

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Marc, Very fun version and I like the layered tracks.

Bud

michelew

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Hey Marc!

You always pick such fun songs. You've got me wanting to learn this now (note to self - stay focused - avoid marshmallow syndrome).

That embellishment sure looks tricky, especially at that speed. If you're finding it tough I'd need to play it at 50% to even have a chance. I'm guess its a little less rockin' then. :)

I hope Neil can help to remove the few last little obstacles for you so we can hear it in all it's glory. You're so close.

BTW - I LOVE it that you're singing these days. You sound soooooooo cool. :)

Shel

BobR

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi Marc,

You have all the parts and using the karoke track will surely get your rhythm down (more fun than a metronome :laugh: )

Look forward to your progress

Nice Job

Bob

Craig

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Great job Marc! Another rockin' tune from you! Way to go. Keep up the great work! I look forward to your AC/DC upload!!! :)

Craig

tombo1230

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 am

Hey Mark, your rocking a whole lotta fun there! Great stuff! :)

Tom N.

willem

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 am

Your a rocker Marc,,but tell me how you did this,,you start first and then the band(drummer) came in?? it amazed me in that matter..

Willem

dennisg

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Oh, Marc, you're so close to having this tough song really dialed in! I'm proud of you. Great job on this. Am I going to be hearing this at guitar camp some day?

TGCheryle

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Hey mr. Cool!!! B)

Great work and great to see you again!! :) :)

And yeah, I don't think this song is that easy. Indeed with the embellishments, well it has its challenges for sure and you're well on you way. I'm sure Neil will give you some pointers to improve the last bits.

Like Shel, I really liked that you sang it as well! :cheer:

Ness

suziko

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Very cool, Marc! I found the embellishments on this song quite tricky, especially when played up to speed. You're doing much better than I was. What a fun song to have in your arsenal.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic