Lynyrd Skynnyrd Sweet Home Alabama by Lavallee

BigBear

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Marc- Great job! I've been messing with that song too but you are way ahead of me. I think it is definitely easier to play on an electric than an acoustic (unless you are Neil!!).

Playing against a backing track really forces the tempo. I've yet to try that. I'm still at slow speed!! LOL!

Well, as always, you are an inspiration my friend. Thanks for another great video!!

Au revoir, mon ami :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Way cool Marc! How come I'm always smiling or laughing when I listen to your posts?! You have a knack of being tongue-in-cheek with these great rock songs which belies all the hard work you put in. Great to see you up and knocking them out again... good therapy! I agree with Nesh an the others who point out that this is not an easy song to do. keep the coming my friend! :)

thereshopeyet

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Good Job Marc.
It's a great song.

Dermot

Lavallee

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Thank you all and sorry for the late reply

Thank you Buddy , I appreciate your comment.

Thanks Michele, you are always so supportive. The singing, I try to keep low profile :) .

Thanks Bob, Karaoke tracks are certainly more fun than a metronome. I actually have never really played with a metronome. it might explain a few things :(

Hey Craig, I would not mind doing some AC/DC as I know a couple songs but they are not very acoustic.

Thank you Tom it sure is a fun one

Hey Willem , my trick is simple: with the Karaoke, you can download it with a 4 beat count down, I just cut it for the video: I cheat

Well Dennis, glad to hear from you. It need some improvement, this is why I posted it as I do not seem improve on it anymore. I can play many songs, when there are only few people around :)

Ness , If could play half as good as you do, I would not take lessons anymore. you are always an inspiration. The song is not so easy but what is the point of working on songs you do not have any problem

Hi Suzi, thank you for comment. the embellishment are tricky not to just land at the right place but also not to rush them. It is still a challenge and I am not talikng about the bridge on top of that. I had to post it however because my kids signed a petition that they could not stand hearing the song anymore. They threaten of not doing their bed anymore, so I had to post it where I was.

Bear , really appreciate you took the time. As you said it was quite easier to play that bridge on the electric guitar. Merci mon ami

Chris , the man, I like to make you laugh, even if do not intend to . I am the Elwood of the blues brothers.

Thank you Dermot, I appreciate you took the time

Marc

jayswett

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Nice post, Marc. I love seeing that red guitar in action.
Jay

tovo

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Marc mon ami what a terrific effort on this cool tune. I reckon this is one of the more controversial and poorly understood/misinterpreted tunes to come out of the US. That aside, I love what you are doing with it, as so many others have said you are very close to having it completely nailed. The opening was terrific, no doubting the tune you are playing. Keep at it, it's a great tune and you are doing a great job of it.

Lavallee

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Thank you Jay, I am looking forward for a trip in your area. None ahead but it will happen

Hi Tony, glad to hear from you. I am sure that many people are concerned to play it because of the controversy as you said. But it is 40 years old, things have changed and it does not mean what it said Still it is a fun song to play, will be even more fun when it will be perfect.

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Marc, I'm out of breath watching you zip around on the fretboard like that, the result of lotsa effort.

I'm aware that you witnessed some pretty fancy flat-picking performances this summer, and it sure looks like some of that rubbed off on you :)

Super progress !
Pierre

Lavallee

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Salut Pierre,

Certainly some inspiration from the great player at the camp, will take many life before I get there though. definitely some effort to play with some rhythm. Why is naturally it felt for some and needs to be understood by others

Marc

MarkM

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:11 am

Marc it is always a pleasure watching your videos. I too wish you would post more often. You are so close. Playing this song at this speed is a tough task and you did a very admirable job. Keep plugging and it will sound great in a short amount of time. I give you a ton of credit for achieving so much alreayd on this one. Hope to see you in Atlanta some day.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic