Neil Young Tell Me Why by MarkM

MarkM

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Had a very short amount of time this morning to myself so I figured I'd post a song I've been working on for about a week. I love this song. Especially off his Live at Massey Hall album. My guitar is tuned down a half step on this. Its far from perfect with little screw ups here and there. I was trying to focus on the palm muting and bass notes whle keeping the tempo going. As always thanks for watching and your comments and suggestions.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 pm

You're certainly on a roll with NY Mark! You play these songs so sweetly and easily... really nice work with your right hand.... your singing is getting better and better. That southern air must be doing you some good!

pbraun

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Mark
With out a doubt you have channeled NY. What a great song and you've nailed it!
Pete

drfuji

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Hey Mark,

Great Job....enjoyed it. I've been working on this one on and off..I think you have motivated me to work on it somemore...

Thanks.....

kelemenj

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:26 pm

That was SOLID. Great job on a great song. I enjoyed it.
John

BobR

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Mark,

Great NY tune. Your hammer ons and palm muting are sounding solid.

Super job.

Bob

GO PATS!

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:22 am

Never paid attention to Neil Young stuff, and I didn't know this song, but I really liked the beat of this, Mark. I haven't listened to Young's version for comparison, but I liked yours just the same. You really had me there, I brought up the lyrics, and the chords and listened to it 4 times :D Good job, buddy.

Terry

MarkM

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 am

Chris - Thank yoiu very much. Yes I've been listening to alot of Neil Young lateley. Couldn't guess that huh? I'm glad you liked it. Southern air is treating me well. A little weird this time of year but I'll be loving it again come December 26th. I sure do wish you had a reason to visit the area. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Pete - Thanks. Not sure if I channeled him or what but thanks for the compliments. We need to get together over the holidays.

drfuji - Thank you. Please post your version. I'd love to see it. I'm glad you liked it.

John - Thank ou sir!!! I'm happy you liked it. Yes it is a great song. Some day I'll be happy with my version.

Bob - Hey pal. I hope all is well with you. I do so wish that I could drive down to your house like a few years ago. I'm glad you like the song. Yes go PATS!!! Monday will be tough for sure.

Terry - Thank you so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it!!! I'm so happy you liked the song.

MarkM

tombo1230

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:57 am

Mark that was great! Nice and steady rhythm as usual, just how it should be played.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Tom N.

Craig

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 am

Mark,
Very cool. I thought you did a wonderful job on that. You kept time while hammering on and doing the pasing bass notes, easier said than done! As Chris said, you singing has become solid and confident. Way to go!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic