Dire Straits Brothers In Arms by dtaylor

dtaylor

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Not for review, but can't use the busking channel so I posted here. Hope you like it.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Dean,,I think it was great,it sounded beautiful,,It should be a lesson here 'cos it looks and sounds very nice on an acoustic..

Willem

suziko

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Dean,

I really liked that a lot! I've always loved that Dire Straits song. It's so poignant, both musically and vocally, and your video captured so much of the beauty of this song. I don't think this is a Target song (is it? I know- I should check, but I don't want to close out this window!), but I would love if it were. I'd be eager to learn this one. Also- is this in standard tuning? Your chord shapes look familiar so I'm assuming it is.... just thinking of how Romeo and Juliet isn't and wondering if Mark Knopfler likes alternate tunings.

Really nicely done. I'll be listening to this one again!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Dean that was lovely! Such a nice piece to listen to... well played sir!
I'm only slightly disappointed that the guitar in your arms was not the BSG :unsure:

Lavallee

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Very nicely played Dean, there is a fair amount of space sometimes between chords and you keep the song flowing very well. Slow songs does not mean easy song, great work

Marc

tovo

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Dean, I thought it was nothing short of spectacular. Such a hauntingly beautiful tune and you did it such justice, my attention was held from start to finish. Great, great job.

I hope the witness protection program continues to go well for you! ;)

dtaylor

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Willem, thanks I think it would be a popular choice as a Target song, I'd love to hear Neil's arrangement, it would be awesome.

Suzi, it is standard, the only shape that was new to me is the C shape with 2nd 3rd and 4th finger, it was surprisingly hard for me to learn even though it's slow. Glad you liked it.

Chris my BSG is in getting the action lowered, I'll be posting more with that as it was too painful to play with my dodgy finger before.

Thank you Marc, as you say, it's not easier to play just because it's slow, everyone knows the tune and so every flub stands out like the proverbial sore thumb.

Tony, thank you so much. I've never been comfortable with my looks especially in front of camera, I wish I had your presence when performing especially singing. One to work on I guess.

dennisg

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Dean,

This performance wins my highest award: Freaking Awesome! I loved everything you did in the song -- the array of hammers, slides, pull-offs, and harmonics. Just beautiful.

kelemenj

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Dean,
Nicely done. That was an excellent performance. It really captured the mood of the song.
John

dtaylor

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Wow Dennis, your comments made me well up a bit... I'm not worthy of the praise but thank you very much.

John, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic