Dire Straits Brothers In Arms by dtaylor

buddy

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Dean, This is a very lovely rendition and so very well played. Really top notch.

Bud

tombo1230

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 pm

This was beautiful and brilliantly executed. Out of the top drawer! I would take my hat off to you skill......if I was wearing one. :) Just brilliant! Well done!

Tom N.

tombo1230

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 pm

This song is entered twice in recommend a song. Do a search for Brothers in Arms. Oh yeh and vote for this to be a song lesson please . :)

Tom N.

Hydroman52

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Dean,

That was very nicely done. Fun to watch. Good work!

Hydroman52

Catman

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Dean,

Very nicely done, awesomely expressive!

David

michelew

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 pm

WOW! that was impressive Dean. It sounded fabulous and I loved watching how you worked the steady bass and the melodic parts. It can't have been easy to get the timing of those working so well. I assume that they are actually played by two different people normally.

Anyway great sound you absolutely captured this well known song with style.

M

MarkM

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:21 am

Dean,

I've got to say that Dire Straits has a special place in my heart. I can remember listening to this album in high school when it was first released. This song in partiular has great memories associated with it. Thank you so much for posting this. I really have to say you did a fantastic job with it. Very impressive. I agree that it would be nice if Neil added some more DS songs to the TARGET list. Now to the tough question. How long have you been working on this and 2nd can you PM me the TAB? I must learn this song. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed watching this as much as any on this site.

MarkM

dtaylor

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, so nice to hear.

To Mark, I'd worked on this on and off for about 10 weeks I'd say before I could play it through, I found it deceptively hard. It's not complete, I'd like to add the 2nd verse and some more of the signature flourishes. It's one you could add something to every time you play. Anyway the link chas gave to his transcription is best if you can use GuitarPro files or here's a link to tab, also with the 2nd verse included:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/d/dire_ ... ?no_splash

Hope you enjoy and post it soon!
p.s my PM doesn't work.
Dean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic