The Beatles Michelle v6 by webostick

webtvdan

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:20 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Lovely Wally,,what is that guitar??

willem

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Really nice job Wally! That sounded really mellow and looked like a lot of work so I think you can be pretty proud of that video.

Is everyone else on holiday already... this post deserves some replies for sure!

Craig

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Wally,
Sorry I'm a little late to your post, been very busy at work lately, trying to get caught up on the forum today. ...
I thought you did a great job on this. Very smooth and steady. You make it look much easier than it is. Well done! Very enjoyable!

Craig

Lavallee

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Wally. this is no easy song you got there, it is really fluid now and all over the fret board. How often do you practice it?

Very nice work

Marc

tovo

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi Wally, thanks to Marc for bringing this to the top because I missed it entirely. Great, great job man! Heaps of work gone into that and I really like how accurate you are with it. It's not quite up to the tempo of the record yet but I applaud what you are doing, accuracy over speed at this point. Once you are really familiar with this it is going to be a very, very impressive number for you. Well done indeed and good to see you back here.

tovo

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks Willem. I am thinking it is time to reconnect to this community.

http://www.cortguitars.com/en/product/earth-mini

It is a reasonable compromise for a small travel guitar. 3/4 size. I had a local guitar technician install a pick up for plugging into an amp.

tovo

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Thank you Chris. This one of those Beatle standards that has always been on my "wish I could play that" list. Took Neil's comments to heart and tried to make improvements. I am beginning to see that for me it may take up to three years of playing a song to really make it work -- that I can just play it.

tovo

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks Craig. I know what you say. Too busy. too much of the time. Hard to find time and energy to do the practice and take on new music projects and songs to learn. I am returning to Totally Guitar. I go back and forth between acoustic work and learning electric blues stuff. It all helps me develop and learn.

tovo

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks Marc. Yes, it is a song that surprised me on it's difficulty. When I commit to learning a song I can get a little obsessed. Sometimes I will do marathon full day work on one song. Very intense for a week or two. Then I drop it. Come back. Sometimes it just has to ferment. I need to put some more new time into it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic