America Horse With No Name by tacticaltal

tacticaltal

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 am

Hey guys. I uploaded this to the Busking channel also. I'd like to get some more comments on the timing. It seems a bit slow and erratic to me. This is the first time I've tried this song, so I expect that there will be issues. The guys in the Busking Channel were kind with their comments, but I'd like them (and others) all to listen again, and see if they can hear any problems.

Constructive Criticism Is Good.

Terry

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Terry,,constructive comments you ask for...I listen again(and i don't know if it is too slow) and was counting on the quarter notes(1-2-3-4),,I know you played eightnotes as well cos you played D-DUDUDU so I should have count 1-2&3&4& ,well in my opnion you played in time..I did counting cos I am in a learning curve on that too...

For the strumming..you could vary the strumming and do some muting(which is in the lesson)so now and then..vary your strumming..for the Em you do just as it is 1-2&3&4&(in swingtime of course) on the other chord you could do the folkstrum 1-2& fake &4&(D-DU FAKE UDU) or on that same chord DU MUTE UUDU..also you could make from the Em an Em7 so now and then,,,

This is the way I try to learn this song,the hardest thing for me is adding the words which you did great too but it is your language.. :laugh: B)

Willem

Music Junkie

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:47 am

Hey Terry, yeah indeed, you need to specifically ask for feedback if you want some! ;)

As for your timing, you have absolutely no problem with that (besides the spot on 02.38, it actually really cracked me up, haha! :laugh:)

So what you could improve on is what Willem already tried to point out. The muting of course, but also the accents on the upstrokes, watch the lesson again for that.

Other than that, you sing it well, as you always do, so all in all, I really enjoyed it!! :) :)

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic