Simon and Garfunkel April Come She Will by dtaylor

BobR

Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi Dean,

Very nice all around.

Bob

tombo1230

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Superb Dean! The picking was just great and as has been said already you have a very nice singing voice. You made that look easy. B) :)

As Chris mentioned, there is a really nice, rich, mature sound from your guitar.

Tom N.

dennisg

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:51 am

Dean,

Your guitar play was (and always is) excellent, but I was really surprised by your voice, which is tailor-made for Paul Simon songs. Another excellent job from you.

suziko

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Dean,

Wow, this was a real treat and quite a surprise! Who knew that in addition to being a good fingerstyle guitar, you also have a really pleasant singing voice! Well, I guess we all know now, and are the better off for it! Please, keep singing on your uploads! Unless, you know, it's a guitar solo song, like Mad World, which I just commented on :)

This was really nice. I've always loved this sweet song.

Suzi

tacticaltal

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Really nice, Dean. Looks like you're light years ahead of me on fingerpicking. It's soooo hard. Good job.

~terry

dtaylor

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Tony, thanks, I'm not really confident enough when singing to give a 'performance' but you've proved that you can develop in that area with advice and practice so maybe I need to just grasp the nettle...

Cheers Bob!

Thank you Tom, I've limited range but there's a few more songs I'd like to tackle yet so thanks for the encouragement.

Dennis, thanks, I do love Paul Simon's style, there's plenty more of their songs in the program I'd love to learn.

Suzi, thank you for the compliment on my singing, I'll do more from now on.

Thanks Terry, I'm sure it's not light years, I've been at for 3 and a half years now, but every day's a school day :)

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Dean, you are quite the troubadour here, I enjoyed it a lot. Good singing too, well balanced and low-key.

Like others have said, keep 'em coming, this is ear-candy.

I haven't looked at Neil's lesson yet, but I get the impression that having logged in a lot of time on "Dust in the Wind"
is a definite advantage, so hopefully it might be a jump-start for me ... gotta look into that.

Thanks !
Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic