Tears For Fears Mad World by dtaylor

cosmicmechanic

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 pm

­dtaylor wrote:
Pierre, you've lost me a little with your comment, I'm being slow I think?
No slowness on your part, Dean ... this was a case of "lost in translation" ...
How about:
Whatever you take on in the future will seem easier because you dared to try this :)

Pierre

suziko

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Dean,

I loved hearing you play this beautiful, melancholic song. I'm pleased to see that I inspired you to learn this song- and you certainly have a knack for picking songs I like! I was originally inspired by Reiver (Stuart)'s version, so perhaps you will now inspire someone else. A bit of "pay it forward," perhaps? :)

I wish I could still play this song, but I have a tendency to forget alternate-funing songs pretty quickly, because I am lazy about retuning my guitar regularly. It's a pity because this song is so lovely.

Thanks for the full shot, too. It really is nice to put a face to a name :)

Suzi

tombo1230

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Really great Dean, first class!

Tom N.

dtaylor

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:47 pm

Thanks Pierre, hey it's been a while since your last post, how about something you're working on? It's always good to see your progress.

Thanks Suzi, I never saw Stuart's video but I thank you for the video I learned this from. I guess we do have similar tastes, Landslide is another that I copied from you!

Cheers Tom, glad you enjoyed it. :)

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:59 am

Great job here Dean.

I wanted to learn this after Suzi posted it as well- but it got shuffled down the list somehow.

Do you have tabs or a link you can share that helped you learn it?

Feel free to PM me or I'll send you my email..

tacticaltal

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Man, all these old songs that I've missed in my life. Very nice melody, Dean.

tacticaltal

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:41 pm

suziko wrote:

I wish I could still play this song, but I have a tendency to forget alternate-funing songs pretty quickly, because I am lazy about retuning my guitar regularly. It's a pity because this song is so lovely.

Suzi
Aww Suzi, you gotta get out of THAT. ;) Perhaps a 2nd acoustic that stays in alternate tuning? :)

~terry

dtaylor

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Al, I don't have the tab, but I think Suzi provided a link when she posted her video, do you still have it Suzi?

Terry, glad you liked it.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:49 pm

dtaylor wrote:
Thanks Pierre, hey it's been a while since your last post, how about something you're working on? It's always good to see your progress.
... post something I'm working on? Thanks for your interest, Dean. How about a video of me demolishing my actual tiled kitchen floor to prepare for a new installation ? Could give it a soundtrack, maybe the Stones' "Rip this Joint" :woohoo:

Pierre

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:59 am

dtaylor wrote:
Al, I don't have the tab, but I think Suzi provided a link when she posted her video, do you still have it Suzi?
It's been a while- I'll go back and watch it again.

Cheers!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic