Chet Atkins Vincent by tacticaltal

tovo

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Terry you have gotten the advice you asked for from the people best placed to give it. At this point then, the best I can offer is my wholehearted support for you. Keep working mate and I look forward to seeing the result of your continued application. Certainly a very beautiful and moving song.

tacticaltal

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Hey Tony, thanks for dropping in and having a listen. Now that I've gotten it uploaded, I can lay back a bit and work on it without rushing.

Thanks for the encouragement.

~terry

jayswett

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm sure you know about 'sustain' Terry, just make sure that notes ring as long as possible. Let go of one note at the same time when you hit the next, that's about it! ;)

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Tom makes excellent points Terry, indeed play WITHOUT any pauses. If you don't know what to play, make sure that you do first, like suggested before, take it into little chunks. Play IN TIME, like when you would strum as Tom pointed out, or imagine someone playing along with you, you can't stop right?! When you need to pause for whatever reason, it means you don't have that particular spot down just yet, so you need to practice it until you do. Remember, your brain and fingers will remember everything you do, so when you play/practice it the 'wrong way', that is wíth pauses, it WILL remember and think it's how it should be, so please DON'T! :P

Lavallee

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi Terry, good work in progress. It will be easier when the song will be completely memorized and you do not have to look at the sheet as this is where I think your paused are coming from.

The benefit of using guitar pro is that you could set it up at 25 % of the original speed and you could be playing along (once it is completely memorized). Then you will know you will be in time, then move to 50%- 75% and then full speed.

Great to post early in the song and ask for advice.

Marc

tombo1230

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Tom makes excellent points Terry, indeed play WITHOUT any pauses. If you don't know what to play, make sure that you do first, like suggested before, take it into little chunks. Play IN TIME, like when you would strum as Tom pointed out, or imagine someone playing along with you, you can't stop right?! When you need to pause for whatever reason, it means you don't have that particular spot down just yet, so you need to practice it until you do. Remember, your brain and fingers will remember everything you do, so when you play/practice it the 'wrong way', that is wíth pauses, it WILL remember and think it's how it should be, so please DON'T! :P
Exactly! Playing with pauses over and over there is little chance of it suddenly being played without pauses ever. You have to practice without pauses, in time, as slow as it takes. All measures have to play smoothly into each other, always.

Practice with pauses or poor timing then as Ness says, your brain thinks that is the rhythm for the song/tune and how it should play. If you practice wrong, (with pauses) you learn wrong and will play it wrong. (This is really important.)

Tom N.

willem

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:29 am

tacticaltal wrote:

Willem, sounds sinister :P

~terry[/quote]

No Terry,,what I mend was that there are trail and maybe free versions of Gpro(they don't work has the one you buy,but you can work with it for your goal).

Willem

tacticaltal

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Hey Willem, sorry for the late reply, I didn't see it.

I checked out the free demo version, and it is limited in what you can do. For example, you can use only the samples that comes with it, and you can't upload or import anything else, so it's pretty useless for Vincent, since there's no GP5 or GP6 on TG. AND, even if I did have the full version, I wouldn't be able to do anything with Vincent from the .pdf that I have.

I did download TuxGuitar, and it works okay if you can get certain file formats, like midi, Pro Tab, etc. It will not allow me to upload a pdf tab.

Guess I'll just have to do for now the old fashioned way :)

Thanks for trying, buddy.

~terry

Lavallee

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:44 am

HI Terry, with the trial version you can play any guitar pro file (GP3,GP4,GP5.GP6), no limitation. You could enter your pdf manually in guitar pro so that it will play it for you

Marc

tacticaltal

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 am

Marc,

I have the trial verson (GP 6) can you tell me how to do it? Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic