Kansas Dust in the wind 2 by yamaha48

tovo

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Hey Anton. Great work and a great example using the metronome of how it can really assist with keeping the timing. I thought a couple of times you were brought very quickly back to the timing as you just hinted at speeding up through use of the metronome so the value of using it to practice can really be seen in your video. A great example for us all.

I must say you look well, and your playing has really improved on this tune and generally. I really enjoyed listening to this and well done for your hard work on it.

dtaylor

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Congratulations Anton on your progress on this, you've made me want to go and look at the lesson so thank you.
Dean

Yamaha48

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Tony....yeh the metronome is a good thing to learn playing in time.
From the begining i use this,Neil show how to use it.
I know there are a lot off people the have problems with the nome,that make him nervous.
You have good watching the video,Toni,some times i speed it a litle up haha,but come back in time.
Thanks for you need the time .and knd words.

Cheers. Anton

Lavallee

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:28 pm

HI Anton, very nice improvement. Not being an expert but I have work with this song for a while, I would suggest that you emphasize the pinch by hitting harder the bass string. When you pinch (maybe it is the recording) I cannot hear the bass string , only the small string. At the end of the bridge, after the 3rd iteration on the 3rd fret, you start to sing right away, it should the introduction again, then you start to sing. At the end I can see that you added a fade away. You are lifting on and off the pointer finger of the Am. Try to alternate with the pinky. A sequence like(keeping the 2 other fingers of the Am)and one measure each of: pointer-only, lift it to keep the 2 fingers of the Am, put the pinky on the 3rd fret second string, back to full Am, and so on.

Great work with the metronome

Marc

tombo1230

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Well done Anton, you are well down the road with this tune and your voice fits well with this song. I have no doubts this will just get better and better very quickly.

This is a great example of how to practice in good style and using a metronome. Well done mate! :)

Tom N.

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi Marc.

Yeh the second introduction whas missing hahhaa.
After the interlude i play the 3 verse,i try your tip by the Am.
You have working on this song,have i missing your video upload?
Thanks TG friend

Tom N.

Thanks you need the time,to watch the video,and the kind words.

cheers Anton

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi Dean.

A great song to learn my TG friend,give it the time.
Use the metronome,and starting slow maby 80 BPM or slower.
I;m looking forwards your upload.

cheers Anton

michelew

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Anton, many kudos for using the metronome, I sure hope others will follow your example! Keep going and you´ll be fine! :) :)

Ness

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks Ness for the kind words,yeh i hope that others follow it.
The metronomeis a good tool to use.

Cheers Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic