Vincent by NKenny

willem

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
By Muriel and Neil, its a sort of Fly on the Wall lesson, but it ís a lesson!

I´ve watched it closely to get all the fingerings right.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Willem, what are you talking about?? It´s been a lesson for over a year and a half already. It´s just that the tabs need to be purchased at Muriel´s website, it´s hér (and Chat Atkins´) arrangement you know?!

willem wrote:

Oeps,,i did'nt know it was a lesson already(or I forgot),,teached by who? and do you have a link??

Willem
Thx,,,

tacticaltal

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Really nice start on that Kenny.

I wonder how much the camera affected you? I mean it sounds like you've really got it down, and if the cam wasn't on, that would have been perfect.

We all have the same problem with the camera, and I don't know what to do about it.

But I can say I really liked your playing.

~terry

NKenny

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Anton, thanks I will try to go slower and with a metronome. Less nerves too , in front of the one eyed monster[camera]

Nesh, thank you for the encouragement. I always have timming trouble and find it hard to work with a metronome. Yes I have to sustain certain notes more, just wanted to get through it. Your playing of Vincent inspired me to tackle it. Hope someday to play as well as you

Terry Thank you for the kind words. I see you have tackeled this too and are off to a great start

Can always count on TG friends for support
Kenny

tovo

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 pm

I think the advantage of learning something slowly and thoroughly is that it sticks with you! I think it's pretty good, just a couple of spots in the verse where you need more fluidity. As you said, your nerves in front of the camera were severe so no doubt that affected the flow a bit. That said, there's no doubt that you have got a good deal of this tune under your belt really well. It was great to see a video from you, you have been around a long time. I really look forward to your next update. Congrats on a lot of hard work.

NKenny

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Tovo thanks for your suggestions and kind words. Yes I have been here scince the beginning of TG. Neil and every one are the best there is. So much to learn, so little time. Always liked your videos, could realley see how far you have come.

Kenny

dennisg

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Kenny,

Really a nice job on this very sweet song that I pretty much haven't stopped thinking about ever since I heard Ness's version many months ago. Anyway, I digress. I love what you did with this, and if the jitters did nothing more than make you wander off tempo a few times, that's easy to clean up. But you're well on your way to mastering this great tune.

NKenny

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Dennis thanks for the positive words. . Would like to see you do this song, I'm sure you can do it well

Kenny

Lavallee

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 am

Very nice playing Kenny, you are pretty close to nail it. The camera is always a nerve wrecker, but it will eventually fade away (well not completely :) ). I thought you had a good control on the bar chords and accurate on the harmonics.

Great to see you posting

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:22 am

Welcome to the video poster's club Kenny! Been a long time coming but well worth the wait ;-). Great work on the left hand gymnastics! I think this song will sound great no matter how slow its played so maybe slowing down to the best pace you can do and still keep it flowing would help. Great stuff and I hope this is just the first of many!
Chris

NKenny

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:44 am

Marc, thanks, dont know if I will ever feel comfortible in front of a camera. After a long haul most bar chords are no a problem

Chris, you are right I have to slow down so it is more free flowing. It has taken me a long time to post, hope to do more. You have many great video posts. Thanks for looking and your thoughts

Kenny

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic