>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Neil - Extreme More Than Words by michelew

tgjameela

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live. Today we look at: Extreme - More Than Words by michelew.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... ew_id=1074

tovo

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:46 pm

As usual a lot to be learned from that review for everyone. You did a great job of a tough number here Shel and I really enjoyed seeing it all again.

thereshopeyet

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Michelle

I loved this video when you uploaded it.
Your videos, guitar and singing always shine.

I love this song and when I have a go will take advantage of
the tips Neil put into his review.

Thanks for Sharing

Dermot

michelew

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Neil - Thanks SO much for the review. I'll definitely be applying that advice. The barre chord transition trick will especially come in handy and I'm sure it will make them easier to do and sound cool too.

Thanks for all your sweet and encouraging words as well. They all mean a lot to me coming from you.

Tony, Dermot - thanks.

dennisg

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Shel,

This is terrific input, geared specifically to address your issue with getting to those barre chords quickly. I love the advice about hitting the bass note and not pinching the entire chord. Perfect.

You deserve all the enthusiastic praise you got, Shel.

suziko

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Great review of a really nice upload! Lots of good advice from Neil. I like the idea of playing things way too fast, even when it's sloppy, to really make the chord progression automatic.

Nice job, Shel!!

willem

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 am

top Michele,,great tips/suggestions too,,we can benifit,so your hard work is a bonus for us all,,,thx

Willem

michelew

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:51 am

Dennis, Sizi and Willem,

Thanks for being so supportive again. It's a great song and a lot of fun to learn.

I absolutely agree that Neil's advice is really useful. I'm sort of kicking myself that I didn't try the bass note only approach. It seems so obvious now, but I guess that's because it makes so much sense. Simplify, simplify.

Thanks again.

M.

thereshopeyet

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Well what a great review Shel, you certainly deserved it!!! :cheer:

I think you've done so awesome on this one, apply the feedback and it'll even be greater! ;) :cheer:

You go girl!! :woohoo:

michelew

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:20 am

Thanks Nessa. :blush: :blush: :kiss: that's all soooooooooooo nice to hear. Thanks you're a sweetie.

Neil's advice is helping already. :)

I listened to it again this morning, my video, and it sounded soooooo slow. At the time I was pushing my ability to play it without mucking it up. But, I now hope to push through to the real speed using both bits of advice.

Thanks.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic