Nick Drake Pink Moon by kelemenj

kelemenj

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:55 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

michelew

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 am

Hi John, well that was fast! :blink: :)

Personally I'd say, this song is full of little nuances, it has many subtleties, playing as well as singing. Listen to the song a bit more to really notice/hear them and apply it to the way you play and sing it.

The accent is indeed on the fourth beat, but you emphasize it so clearly that your right hand even stops moving. Your strumming has also quite a different feel to it, was that intentionally?

Well, I'm sure Neil will be very pleased to see such a quick respond to his latest lesson, I'll leave the feedback to him! ;)

Ness

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:54 am

John
Great Playing.

Dermot

kelemenj

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:34 am

Ness,
Thanks for the feedback. It is true that there are differences. It was an interpretation rather than an attempt to impersonate Nick Drake. So I played it in accordance with how I was feeling it at the time.
Dermot,
Thanks, It's always nice to hear from you.

buddy

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:13 pm

I like how you made this your own.

Bud

kelemenj

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:23 am

Buddy,
Thank you. I have only been singing for a few months so I am still in the process of trying to find my voice. I am also still working out the technical aspects of singing and playing simultaneously. That song got into my head in a big way and I wanted to play a version of it. Albeit, through the filter of my current musical limitations. This seems like a good place to work things out.
John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic