Donovan Mellow Yellow by NKenny

NKenny

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks Ai, would be nice to get a review from Neil. I should have put my Lionel trains behind me as a bribe :) I know Neil likes Lionel trains

Kenny

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:25 pm

NKenny wrote:
Thanks Ai, would be nice to get a review from Neil. I should have put my Lionel trains behind me as a bribe :) I know Neil likes Lionel trains

Kenny
Must be something with Neils and trains..
I'm reading Neil Young's book 'Waging Heavy Peace' right now, and he loves trains too.
Don't remember if they're Lionel.. Will check..

NKenny

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:37 pm

NKenny

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:39 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
NKenny wrote:

Kenny
Must be something with Neils and trains..
I'm reading Neil Young's book 'Waging Heavy Peace' right now, and he loves trains too.
Don't remember if they're Lionel.. Will check..

Yes Neil Young was part owner of Lionel, I have one of his Vapor records box cars that were put out while he was at Lionel .Neil hepled develope the sound systems and way of controlling the trains. It was done for his son Ben who is in a wheel chair, so he was able to run the trains. There is a small interview on youtube with David Letterman, that Neil is talking about this. Neil Young great musician and great father

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Great job Kenny! I already answered your post but not for the first time recently it didn't make it onto the thread!

The others have already given you the key advice, especially about going real slow to nail it and then speed up when it all fits.
So I'll just clap my hands and whistle and shout for more! BTW, love this tune and you were really doing well.
Chris

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Great job Kenny! I already answered your post but not for the first time recently it didn't make it onto the thread!

The others have already given you the key advice, especially about going real slow to nail it and then speed up when it all fits.
So I'll just clap my hands and whistle and shout for more! BTW, love this tune and you were really doing well.is

NKenny

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks Chris, I know I have to slow down , but get nervous and try to get it over with. I need to learn better on using the metronome.

Kenny

tombo1230

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:34 pm

NKenny wrote:
Thanks Chris, I know I have to slow down , but get nervous and try to get it over with. I need to learn better on using the metronome.

Kenny

Hi Kenny.
I can see that you already know what the solution is. You just have to learn every tune slowly and cleanly first. Speed comes when you have nailed it all and can play it in time slowly.

I think some parts are great and it's the joins, the getting to one chord from another that needs the most work. I've only skimmed through this thread so you may already have this advice. Keep at it. You will get there with a bit more playing and slow practice.

The whole nerves thing............well...........most people get that to a certain degree, but I have noticed that most people who get over it are the ones who post a lot.

Maybe you should just imagine you are playing to an audience of one, maybe a family member or someone like that. Take the pressure off yourself and try to relax, this is fun remember. :)

Good luck with the tune.

Tom N.

buddy

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:41 am

Sounding good Kenny! I've watched it and later listened again while I was reading the other replies (turns out the right feedback has already been given. ;) ), so another good thing is, since I was listening I could concentrate on whát you were playing (I don't know the song) that I could clearly hear the melody which is going in there. And yeah, I liked the light strumming as well. Well done Kenny! :) :)

Ness

willem

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:37 am

Oh yes,,recording nerves,,I really liked it '' cos your on your way to nail it,the song and the nerves...nice song..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic