The Beatles (Harrison) by tombo1230

willem

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 pm

tovo wrote:
Hi Tom,

Great video and terrific playing. The only two areas for improvement I noted have already been noted, the clipping of some notes and the tempo wandering a little. Is this Harrison's greatest work? I tend to think so but gee there's some competition! I really enjoyed your rendition. Thanks.

Its no competition Tony,,it sure is a nice tune and skill to work on (travis pickin?) look at it as ''blackbird'' A must know or try song..

Willem

tombo1230

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm

EDIT: Sorry another duplicate!

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Chris Wrote:
I will clap here and let others that actually play the song comment on what it needs. Great stuff!
I applaud your efforts Tom, it's nerve racking but although your using GPro, I think you need to slow it down just a tad from 100bpm before aiming for the 120bpm
and review my earlier comments. It's not that I can play, we know that :dry: it's what I heard.

TheresHopeYet ;)

tombo1230

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:54 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Tom,

Since I can't play it, I will leave the critiques to others here and just let you know I really enjoyed it. Very nice sound you are getting and I am only listening at work with one ear. :laugh:

Bob
Many thanks for watching Bob.

Tom N.

NKenny

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Tom sounds like you have most of it down. I agree with some of the others about holding notes longer and keeping the tempo more consistent. I have the same problem with timming and such. Just keep practicing and it will become smooth. Nice work

Kenny

tombo1230

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm

dennisg wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
The guitar is a Taylor 814ce tobacco sunburst. I have two other acoustic guitars but they really only get played these days by Claire.
I thought so by the fret markers. That's the most beautiful 814 I've seen, and much nicer-looking than mine. I can see why you don't play your other guitars.

Not sure you can find DR Rare strings in your corner of the world, but it would be worth the hunt. Fantastic warmth on an 814.
Thanks for the tip Dennis. I will have a look for those.

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm

I thought that critiques were no necessarily about what we can play.

It's music, I thought we could critique on what we hear as listeners to music we've heard before.

I must have got that wrong !

It was great Tom

Dermot

:)

tombo1230

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
I thought that critiques were no necessarily about what we can play.

It's music, I thought we could critique on what we hear as listeners to music we've heard before.

I must have got that wrong !

It was great Tom

Dermot

:)
Everyone has something to offer up and that's how we improve.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm

tovo wrote:
Hi Tom,

Great video and terrific playing. The only two areas for improvement I noted have already been noted, the clipping of some notes and the tempo wandering a little. Is this Harrison's greatest work? I tend to think so but gee there's some competition! I really enjoyed your rendition. Thanks.
I thought although Harrison didn't come into his own for a while he sure made up for it in the end. I think his songs have greatness written all over them.

Tom N.

suziko

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey Tom,

Nice job tackling this beautiful fingerpicking arrangment. Everyone has already offered loads of helpful advice, so I'd just like to say Well Done! You looked really comfortable playing and I really love that Taylor guitar!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic