Nick Drake Place To Be by dtaylor

thereshopeyet

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Vanessa

What a great video to complement Dean's upload.
It's great that you've taken the time to put this short video up for all to view. :P ;)

You make the strum look so natural. It's also great how you can just pick up from anywhere and play.
I am so motivated.

:)

Dermot

Edit
Chris is right for sure.... you must awesome teacher!
:ohmy:

tombo1230

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 pm

michelew wrote:
That's got to be close Nessa.

Ness I LOVE the subtleties you can get out of a continuous up and down strum. The stresses, the changes in volume, the way you're feeling in with your whole body and translating that to the guitar, even the way you're changing chords, they all seem to go together to give it a smooth and hypnotic feel. The tuning sounds great too.

...and frankly I can't imagine how anyone could be disappointed by any of your uploads.

I've learned something from this video about how to vary a strum to give it more feel and I'm not even learning this song. So thanks. Your generosity never ceases to astound me.

Xxx

Shel
Ness, I agree with Michele, I love the way you just feel the rhythm, it's one machine and one woman in perfect harmony (no pun intended) :P You played a few chords all ups and downs, who would have thought that could come out so musically? Theres always something to learn from your videos. You are a gem :)

A lot of people can play the notes, the next level is perfoming the notes as music, that is what you do so well, with style. B)

Tom N.

michelew

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 am

Hey Dean,

Uh......singing the song eh? :) Well :dry: ......haha! While I've been on it, I might.....still low though (and the capo is already on the fourth fret), but yóu sounded just great for that key! ;) I'll try it out. Anyway, I do hope you've gotten something out of that little clip.

And gosh, guys and gal...Chris, Shel, Dermot and Tom...those were all very heartwarming comments, gosh!! :blush: :cheer: ....you're a bunch of sweeties, THANK YOU!!!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 am

Btw....where did you find sheets or a chart or tabs for this song? Do you have them?

willem

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 am

That was gold again Vanessa,,explaning a feel with words yes that is very difficult,,showing it with a video and hear it ,,thats gold..

Willem

willem

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 am

Thanks so much Willem! :cheer: :) :) :kiss: :kiss:

willem wrote:
That was gold again Vanessa,,explaning a feel with words yes that is very difficult,,showing it with a video and hear it ,,thats gold..

Willem

dtaylor

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:05 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Btw....where did you find sheets or a chart or tabs for this song? Do you have them?
I don't have any tab, when I learned Pink Moon and realised this was the same tuning (nearly) it was easy to work out from clips of others playing it as it's the same shapes, as you know.

Thanks again for the video, it's very cool of you to go out of your way and offer video advice. I hope when I start to relax with the playing and singing it'll develop to a more lilting feel to the strum. It's certainly a tune I love to play. Looking forward to your version :)

dtaylor

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Ah got it, I did the same. It's indeed quite easy to figure out. And yes, it sure is nice to play. I tried it out, but the vocals are really too low, so not sure if capoing it higher will cut it.

However, I will take a look at Riverman as well.

And you're very welcome! :)

Oh and don't forget to upload Pink Moon! ;) :)

dtaylor wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
I don't have any tab, when I learned Pink Moon and realised this was the same tuning (nearly) it was easy to work out from clips of others playing it as it's the same shapes, as you know.

Thanks again for the video, it's very cool of you to go out of your way and offer video advice. I hope when I start to relax with the playing and singing it'll develop to a more lilting feel to the strum. It's certainly a tune I love to play. Looking forward to your version :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic