Nick Drake Which Will by dtaylor

dtaylor

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks Bob, Nick Drake has not been off my stereo lately, glad Neil opened my eyes to his music.

Cheers Willem :)

Tom, thank you. It was a challenge to learn to play it, but singing too really ramps up the difficulty.

Hydro, glad you enjoyed it :)

Cheers Dermot, his voice is not all bells and whistles but his songs can be hard to play and sing due to timing. This had new chord shapes as well, it's very satisfying to play.

sws626

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 pm

What a lovely tune -- and so intimately rendered. I hadn't heard this song before either, but you have certainly captured a mood with it. If there are rough spots, they are very minor. This also seems like the sort of piece that will improve with age as it becomes a more mature part of your repertoire.

This also reminds me to thank you guys for introducing me to Nick Drake, whom I'd never heard of before joining TG.

michelew

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:27 am

dtaylor wrote:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
Dean,

That was REALLY beautiful. You've captured the song nicely and the mellow feeling. Your voice works so well with Nick's songs.

I'm finding myself more and more attracted to his work. I loved Pink Moon when Ness (after Matt's sweet talking :) ) introduced us to him (ahhh...maybe just me...I live under a rock). I LOVED River Man and I'm loving the ones you're uploading.

I also enjoyed this video all the more because we got to see your face and your expressions. Really nice, thank you so much.

Beautiful played and sung, and so nice to meet you. :) Keep them coming.

Shel

tombo1230

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:28 am

dtaylor wrote:
Tom, thank you. It was a challenge to learn to play it, but singing too really ramps up the difficulty.
You make it look very easy. Your voice and intonation on this song is perfect and expresses the right sort of feel and mood.
In other words, I thought your singing was great! :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic