Nick Drake by thereshopeyet

thereshopeyet

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 pm

I have to apologise, it's only a very small part of Pink Moon.
I'm seeking help to work out the strumming of first four measures of the chorus!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

michelew

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:28 am

Ah the uploading worked out eventually! :)

Good to see you Dermot, I hope that Neil will review it.

One thing Dermot, also Tom has stated it very often, stop stopping/pausing between chords. I'm not talking about the chorus (I'll leave that one for Neil :P ), but when you play at the, what was it, 7th fret or something, or when you go there, DON'T PAUSE, etc. You keep telling your brain and fingers that it is okay to do that. IT'S NOT, never! And when you find the transition hard, practice that transition. Also Neil has explained this over and over. Play one measure of a chord (slowly), plus the first beat of the next measure for the next chord and STOP RIGHT THERE, repeat that until you got it down. Whatever you do, whatever tempo, stay in time, don't stop.......!

Ness

thereshopeyet

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 am

Vanessa Wrote:
Play one measure of a chord (slowly), plus the first beat of the next measure for the next chord and STOP RIGHT THERE
Thanks for having a look and sharing some advice Vanessa.
I will take on board what you are saying, Stop stopping.
Neils advice on this matter with Still The Same has helped me with it .
I'll need to make sure I pay head all the time.

Dermot

:) :laugh: :P

tombo1230

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:04 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Ah the uploading worked out eventually! :)

Good to see you Dermot, I hope that Neil will review it.

One thing Dermot, also Tom has stated it very often, stop stopping/pausing between chords. I'm not talking about the chorus (I'll leave that one for Neil :P ), but when you play at the, what was it, 7th fret or something, or when you go there, DON'T PAUSE, etc. You keep telling your brain and fingers that it is okay to do that. IT'S NOT, never! And when you find the transition hard, practice that transition. Also Neil has explained this over and over. Play one measure of a chord (slowly), plus the first beat of the next measure for the next chord and STOP RIGHT THERE, repeat that until you got it down. Whatever you do, whatever tempo, stay in time, don't stop.......!

Ness
Ness has given you great advice here. The way to join up a tune is very simple really........Start learning from the beginning of the song and don't go past your first sticking point until you can play over it. Don't learn the easy bits as it were and expect it all to magically join up once you've played it a hundred times, it won't happen.

As Ness says, you need to do this................. "when you find the transition hard, practice that transition. Also Neil has explained this over and over. Play one measure of a chord (slowly), plus the first beat of the next measure for the next chord and STOP RIGHT THERE, repeat that until you got it down. Whatever you do, whatever tempo, stay in time, don't stop.......! ".

It's no harder than that. ;) :)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks.

buddy

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Dermot, I wish I could help you with this tune but I have not worked on it so I have no pointers. I did want to comment that watching you in this video has confirmed for me that you are a kind and gentle soul with a great sense of humor. I have perceived this about you from your other posts on the forum and by how you interact with other members on TG. Kind, gentle, and caring people like yourself, always help to restore my faith in humanity. Thanks for being who you are, Bud

thereshopeyet

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 am

Buddy

Thanks for the kind words, that means a lot to me.

I am determined to beat my guitar learning blues even if it's only a little bit at a time.
I know I'm in the right guitar learning community to get there too with folk you to aspire too.

Dermot

dtaylor

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Hope that helps Dermot.

thereshopeyet

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Dean,

Great to see you.
Got the link worked out.
:)

Great video, thanks for doing that, it's much appreciated.

I'll work on it and see how I get on and keep you posted.

Dermot

dtaylor

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:11 pm

I hope it helped at least Dermot, I'd love to see an update sometime to see the progress.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic