>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Neil - Nick Drake - River Man by nesh16041972

tgjameela

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live. Today we look at: Nick Drake - River Man by nesh16041972.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... ew_id=1096

thereshopeyet

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 am

Vanessa

You are the Man..... I mean Woman !!
ha ha

I loved your video and well earned review.

Dermot

:)

tombo1230

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:51 am

Great review Vanessa! Doesn't get any better than that. B) :)

Tom N.

willem

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:28 pm

grammy next?? lol..you earn it,,a bout that arched bar Neil said he never told a bout it,,well there is a lesson were he told it,,I believe it is his own tune ''on the horizon''..

your the best Vanessa..

tombo1230

Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:23 pm

WOW!! Thanks!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You know with uploads like this, when I'm actually working on stuff, a challenge, and especially when I know that the song means something to you Neil, I feel like an excited kid showing my teacher what I've accomplished, haha :laugh: ! I'm serious, so getting a reply and such a great one too, is just......yeeeeeeeeeeh!! :woohoo:

And yeah, the speed, i sure know what you mean. I TRIED to take it down, I mean I could hear that it was a tad faster, but I just wasn't able to.....weird actually, must be the excitement indeed. But it also just felt alright and comfortable or something.

The arched bars, I don't think I've heard of it, although I do use it when playing for instance an Am-shaped barrechord. Still, fretting the sixth and first ánd second string only.....that's not so easy...! :blink: Anyway, it does have an actual name, always interesting to hear about such details. :)

However, as you can imagine Neil, really really thrilled about this review, thank you so very much!! :cheer:

Ness

sbutler

Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Aaaaaaah guys, Dermot, Tom and Willem, you're the sweetest!!!!! :cheer: :kiss:

Absolutely appreciate your great and sweet and supportive comments, makes my day, thanks so much! :) :) :)

Ness

michelew

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Nessa,

It's so GREAT seeing this review from Neil, seeing you get the praise you so richly deserve from the Master.

I was blown away by this video. You make it look so effortless, yet I KNOW how hard it is to get everything to the point where it is automatic enough so you can then sing the lyrics. WOW! And you sing them so gorgeously too. I was glad for the reminder to watch this again. Did I mention that it's really, really beautiful?

Congratulations on a GREAT review. I found it very telling that Neil wandered into advice that didn't even apply to your performance, was interesting, but not something you needed to work on for this song. :) You're the BOMB!!!!

You're AMAZING! I can't get enough of your videos. Never stop uploading them.

L

Shel

michelew

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:53 am

Oooooooh Shel, what a sweetheart you are!!! :kiss:

Well it certainly made my day........!! I so enjoyed working on this one, because of the challengefactor and yeah excited to get to down and upload it. Well also a review, can't get better than that for me!! :cheer: :cheer: :P

Thank you sweet friend, you never cease to make me smile big with your generous comments on my vids....!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ness

michelew wrote:
Nessa,

It's so GREAT seeing this review from Neil, seeing you get the praise you so richly deserve from the Master.

I was blown away by this video. You make it look so effortless, yet I KNOW how hard it is to get everything to the point where it is automatic enough so you can then sing the lyrics. WOW! And you sing them so gorgeously too. I was glad for the reminder to watch this again. Did I mention that it's really, really beautiful?

Congratulations on a GREAT review. I found it very telling that Neil wandered into advice that didn't even apply to your performance, was interesting, but not something you needed to work on for this song. :) You're the BOMB!!!!

You're AMAZING! I can't get enough of your videos. Never stop uploading them.

L

Shel

suziko

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:46 am

Ness,

You did a stellar job on this VERY difficult song and you earned the thumbs-up from Neil!! I'm so proud of you and I always love seeing what you put up here. I'm with Shel (and everyone else!!): Keep 'em coming!!

Suzi

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 am

Ness:

That was some pretty high praise from Neil there..... ;)

Well deserved. I am always amazed by your comfort with whatever it is you are tackling. It is all I can do to strum a song with a basic pattern, and you can just sail right into a difficult song AND pull off the signing too. I certainly admire that and love to see it... B)

Can't wait to see what comes next!

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic