Jim Croce Time In A Bottle by kelemenj

kelemenj

Sun May 26, 2013 5:29 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jim56

Mon May 27, 2013 3:28 am

Nicely done John, also liked your softer singing on this, gives it that warm feel. And I very much admire your pickingskilss with a plectrum, it's a weak point of mine, well done!

Ness

willem

Mon May 27, 2013 6:23 am

I am also impressed by your pick pickin,,I am also impressed with moving your body a lot and make not any buzzes ,everything is clean playing,,don't know a bout shaking your head away from the mike 'cos it sounded fine to me,,I enjoyed this very much and I sure should learn this beautiful song..thx John.

Willem

dennisg

Mon May 27, 2013 8:46 am

Wow, John, that was just lush and lovely. I can only envy the degree to which you can control that flat pick. A really beautifully played and wonderfully sung version of this song that I'd suggest you take to the nearest open-mic night.

kelemenj

Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 am

Ness - Thanks for the kind words. I originally intended to play this fingerstyle. After a short time, it became apparent to me that although I could hit the notes, I was failing to achieve the volume and consistency of tone that I felt the song warranted. So that is a weak point of mine. That Taylor guitar sounds better to me with a plectrum anyway. But I am patiently waiting for my copy of Alex de Grassi's book to show up in the mail so I can work on that. :)

Willem - Thank you! The truth is that, I am not really conscience of how I am moving when I am playing. There was a time when I was self-conscience about it and actually made and effort to reel it in. But that seems silly to me now. I just go with the flow of the moment. I am not concerned anymore if comes across as affected since I really can't perform differently.

Dennis - Thanks man. I've actually recently been hitting some of open mics here. I am getting hooked. I haven't done that one yet.

John

plantman

Mon May 27, 2013 9:27 am

Very nice all around in my book. Thanks, for posting it.
Chan

Craig

Mon May 27, 2013 12:21 pm

John,
Probably my favorite post of yours so far. Your voice fits the song very well. As others have mentioned, the picking (while singing) was great. I've noticed that you always play standing up. Do you perform sitting as well? Just curious because I always sit when I play, so standing is an adjustment for me. Well done.

Craig

BobR

Mon May 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi John,

I always like your posts usually full of energy. But like Craig, I think this is my favorite of yours. The audio was very clean on this. I could hear the guitar and your vocal very well.

Great job

Bob

AcousticAl

Mon May 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Home run here- wouldn't change a thing!
Playing and singing both excellent.

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 28, 2013 12:27 am

John, this is really nice ... flows very well, you know ... musical !

It's always nice to see you play, but this can stand on its own as a simple audio track.

Sweet !
Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic