James Taylor ''you can close your eyes'' by willem

willem

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:53 am

Well I try and try,,I love the James Taylor style of guitar playing,,at least the way Neil is teaching the song,,strumming/pickin etc,,of course the difficult part is playing it in time but I find it also difficult making the dynamics (playing hard on the bass notes and then soft strumming in the background,,etc

Willem

I am indigant about that this was in one take!!! :woohoo: B)

dennisg

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:16 am

Willem,

A very good start on this beautiful song. All you need to do is to work out the timing issues, and the song will be yours. Good job!

sbutler

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:30 am

Willem, I agree with Denise, a little more time and you could sit on any street corner with a can and in no time it would be full of money :)

Scott

Music Junkie

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 am

Willem:

Your picking and strumming sounded very clear here on my end, and you seem to have that technique going very well... :) I would agree with Dennis. You are doing a great job, and you will have this fully dialed in with a bit more practice. I really like that song, and would love to play it someday, but it is a little too much for me right now. Great work!

Jason

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Willem,

'You Can Close Your Eyes' ...... you must be watching me trying to keep awake at night !!!!!
Spooky....

:(

Great playing, I need to try this song too..... gosh to many great songs here...... the only thing is Willem
you were cheating .........

willem

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Thank you Dennis,Scott,Jason,Dermot,,its really a nice style of playing the guitar and I think you can use in other songs as well,,or it will help you..
I know I have work to do( a lot) but remember the whole thing is a great job also..I do remember what is goin on but I do not remember the chord progression by chords,,see if it will help me working on that...I discover that after my recording..

Dermot,,maybe its a solution for you too,,peaking through the soundhole..ahahah your funny,sleep well my friend!! :woohoo: :woohoo: B)

tombo1230

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Keep at it Willem and once you smooth it out you will be cooking with gas! B) :)

Good effort.

Tom N.

Craig

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Willem,
Nice work! James Taylor songs take a lot of time and work as you well know! I've tried a few over the years, but have given up. I think you have inspired me to take another shot at them! Keep up the good work!

Craig

fjeanmur

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Wilem,

I can't respond with too much to offer in advice, but it sounds like you have made progress. I know its easy to get frustrated.

Do people tend to upload videos right to the forum? Viewing your video was no problem, but sometimes I have to go aroung in circles to find (and find again) the place where I can view the student uploads on my iPad.

Well, it was fun to watch and keep on working on it.

Jean

haoli25

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Nice work, Willem. Your are well on your way to owning this JT Classic.

By the way, any news from Anton? Haven't seen him on the site in a while.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic