James Taylor ''you can close your eyes'' by willem

willem

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:29 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Hi Willem,

Just play some James Taylor ! So easy, right ? :P

This is developing into something special, and it is already the result of lots of effort.

It also sets a good example for many of us. We need to be reminded that an upload can be a "work in progress" ... thanks for sharing­ !

Pierre
Oh yes Pierre,,its always a work in progress,,I need some pointers for playing it in time,,I guess its counting and slow down,,maybe adding the words could also help,,but first more playing and counting ,, :( :woohoo: B)

Willem

AcousticAl

Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:56 pm

JT ain't easy and you're definitely doing him justice with this upload.
I can also see a big improvement in your playing in general with this upload.

willem

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:38 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
JT ain't easy and you're definitely doing him justice with this upload.
I can also see a big improvement in your playing in general with this upload.

Thanks Al,nice to hear from you,,I am all over the place with songs but sometimes I put my teeth on it..

Willem

familyman4

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Willem,

I am proud of you sir!!! Keep up the good work. I know you've worked really hard on this song and it is now paying off for you. Plus, all of these skills will work very well on other songs you choose to play in the future. :)

Love it!
Bart

michelew

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Hey Willem,

It's great to see you posting and progressing on what looks like a trick song; I guess all of James Taylor's fall into that category.

You are sounding really nice. I don't know if it's your guitar or the improved precision of your playing or some mix of the two, but the sounds you're getting are really beautiful. Keep at it. I don't know this song (I think.....) but, from the couple of comments I've read, it sounds like you're in sight of getting this down.

Thanks for sharing.

M

willem

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:59 am

familyman4 wrote:
Willem,

I am proud of you sir!!! Keep up the good work. I know you've worked really hard on this song and it is now paying off for you. Plus, all of these skills will work very well on other songs you choose to play in the future. :)

Love it!
Bart

Bart,,a bit of shy over here :blush: ,, its such a great song and the way it play's too (skills) yes I am proud too and very happy you are for me!! thanks

Willem

willem

Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:05 am

michelew wrote:
Hey Willem,

It's great to see you posting and progressing on what looks like a trick song; I guess all of James Taylor's fall into that category.

You are sounding really nice. I don't know if it's your guitar or the improved precision of your playing or some mix of the two, but the sounds you're getting are really beautiful. Keep at it. I don't know this song (I think.....) but, from the couple of comments I've read, it sounds like you're in sight of getting this down.

Thanks for sharing.

M
Michele,,it is'nt a mix and the recording was one take(lucky?),, If you sat here I just play it for you(after a relaxing pil) and you will sing it!! thank you too!!

Willem

PS Don't look at my bare knee.. :laugh: :laugh: B) :woohoo:

willem

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:21 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Keep at it Willem and once you smooth it out you will be cooking with gas! B) :)

Good effort.

Tom N.

Hi Tom,,I think you are busy for the IGC?? well if not you should!!!

Willem

tombo1230

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:27 pm

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
Keep at it Willem and once you smooth it out you will be cooking with gas! B) :)

Good effort.

Tom N.

Hi Tom,,I think you are busy for the IGC?? well if not you should!!!

Willem
Yes indeed Willem, very busy for many reasons at the moment. I even wrote a very sad song which I may post in the future. :)
I think I have made a lot of progress this year in some areas. I am enjoying practicing and playing. :)

Tom N.

wiley

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic