>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Neil - Al Stewart Year of the Cat by suziko

tgjameela

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live. Today we look at: Al Stewart Year of the Cat by suziko.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... ew_id=1117

willem

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Hey Suzi,,congrats,,I like those bonnusses on the lessons after an upload for review..great tips......................thx..

Willem

suziko

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks, Neil, for taking the time to review my upload. Your suggestions are all really great. I like the idea of incorporating those melody notes into the intro. I'm going to start working on that right away. I've been working on that percussive/muted strumming in Ventura Highway and never thought about doing it in this song- but now I will definitely have a go at that! Thanks also for your suggestion about fine-tuning the riff. I thought I was playing it correctly- but clearly I was not! I will go back and have another look at that now.

Again- thank you so much! I always appreciate the time and effort you put into your reviews.

Cheers,

Suzi

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Suzi

Thanks for sharing your hard work on this song.
The review is great and one for the memory bank when I come to learn Year of The Cat.

Mei-ow

Dermot

:laugh:

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:11 am

What a great review on a great upload Sue!! :cheer:

And I'm sure you can incorporate Neil's suggestion's in no time!

Oh and don't wait too long for another upload, it's always such a pleasure to see you play and sing! :) :)

Nessa

michelew

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Hey Sue!

Congratulations in a great review. Your hard work on this song is really obvious and i'm glad it's now been recognized by The Master.

I found Neil's advice really useful. It's a reminder to get back into these approaches (eg the percussive strumming) in other songs where I've started to apply it.

I love everything you're doing in this upload, especially the riff, and I'm sure that you'll sound AWESOME once you've had a chance to incorporate Neil's advice.

Go Suzi! Great stuff!

L

Shel

haoli25

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Congratulations, Suzi on a great review. I really enjoyed your performance.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Great review Suzi and excellent playing and singing. You just look so relax as if you are playing in front of the mirror rather than the camera.

Good to see a video from you.

Marc

tombo1230

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:27 am

Great review Suzi, excellent all round. I can see how much work has gone into this by the excellent way you quickly move from one chord to another, very slick in and out of bar chords for example. :)

Great job!

Tom N.

dekotaj

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:06 am

BRAVO!! Suzi

I don't remember you doing this song.I must have missed it. So WOW great job. I wish my ring finger work like that on my A shape barr chords.

Good job Suzi.
Be good.
Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic