Procol Harum A Whiter Shade of Pale by dtaylor

willem

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:28 am

Hi Dean,,sometimes you (I) have to listen a second time(let sink in the first time),,that was absolute beautiful,,,looks like a nice arrangement..

Can you tell a bit about how you learn(practice) such a piece,,do you use Gpro? etc..

Willem

tombo1230

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:22 am

A very beautiful tune and so great to hear this fingerpicking arrangement of it. Now where can I find it?
I am looking for something challengeing and special at the same time. This could be just the thing.

Great job! :)

Tom N.

NKenny

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 am

Dean

That was great, one of my favorite songs. I have the tabs for that song fromm Tallstrom and have been working on it for a while. I only have the intro, first 10 measures or so done. It is a very challenging piece for me. Hope to get to where you are someday on playing it. Well done

Kenny

Lavallee

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:38 am

Absolutely beautiful Dean, the notes are sustained all the way through and you make your guitar sounding professional. You have done some great recording but this one is on top of my list.

Marc

AcousticAl

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Sometimes I just scan the forum for what's new without logging in for a few days.

Well my loss because I missed THIS!

I always like to see what you're up to Dean, and want to congratulate you on an amazing upload!

Thanks for sharing!

Music Junkie

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Dean:

That was beautiful. I truly admire your playing, and your left hand position was awesome. Very clean, clear and smooth. B)

Jason

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:49 am

Dean,

After watching your video a few times, I felt the impulse to look up where "Envy" was on the list of the "Seven Deadly Sins".

Turns out that "Envy" is number 6, just before "Pride".

So I'll do a little alchemy, and choose the lesser evil ... I'm actually Proud to swallow my Envy (again) on TG ... wonder where all that Envy goes ?

Thanks for this !
Pierre

suziko

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:49 am

Dean,

That was absolutely beautiful!! I have always loved this song and I really love this instrumental version of it. Really nice work. I bet that took some time to learn :)

Suzi

dtaylor

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Dermot, thank you. The clock's ticking you know ;) Maybe when you go back to it it'll be a doddle.

David, it is tough for me to get through without flubs but I never tire of playing it :)

Willem, I used the GPro file but mostly the video of Tallstrom playing it. I find I need the visual cues more than the GPro to get a handle on it. I'm still not 100% on some of the subtler things he does but it's close enough for me :)

Tom, if you search for Tallstrom and click free tabs you'll find out how it should be played too :) Enjoy!

Kenny, you and I have taste. Keep up the good work on it.

Marc, you're a true gentleman, so kind of you to say.

Al, if I can impress you with an upload I must be getting somewhere :) thank you.

Jason, we're all our own worst critic so it's nice to hear that you thought it was clean, much appreciated.

Pierre, you made me smile, I'm just glad you liked it :)

Suzi, it's been a long time but I won't ever stop playing it, it's such a delectable melody and really gets the most out of the guitar I think.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic