Dan Fogelberg Leader of the Band by jcrocket

jcrocket

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:54 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:22 am

Well done Jeff! Nice job on the playing and singing of this lovely DF song, a classic. And you win the prize for being first to post this after Neil's lesson. Kev will be jealous! I love a good story-telling song and you told the story well.

michelew

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 am

Jeff,

Gosh, that was really nice to listen to. That looks like a pretty complex song to play, you look as if you're going for a stroll.

Your voice really suits this too.

Don't you hate it when you play really well for the whole song and then something goes wonky RIGHT at the end of a good recording. I've lost count of the number of times it's happened to me. Your face was priceless. :)

Cool post.

Thanks

Michele

tombo1230

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:04 am

Great job Jeff. That was very easy on the ears. I bought the album when this song lesson came out, love this song, It's not easy to play as has already been mentioned, so well done. :) B)

Tom N.

haoli25

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:53 am

Great job, Jeff. I agree with Shel, that song really suits your voice. Thanks for sharing your video.

Bill

BobR

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi Jeff,

I thought that was terrific. To me your audio was perfectly setup for guitar to vocal mix.

Great job

Bob

TGNesh

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:29 pm

What a lovely performance Jeff, very much enjoyed it, indeed fits your voice just perfectly! I'm with Shel, your face at the end was priceless! :P

Ness

skaladar

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Excellent job Jeff! …

Not only was the guitar and vocals right on the money but, as Bob mentioned, your audio setup is really top notch. It helps show the quality of your voice. I enjoyed watching this a great deal.

Thanks for sharing.

♫ Ken ♫

jayswett

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Wow. That was a really nice performance. Smooth, good timing, great singing.

jcrocket

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Wow, thanks for all the great comments guys! This is just another example of a song that I’ve loved for decades, but always considered inaccessible, over my head - until the lesson showed up on TG. Thanks once again to Neil for opening up a door to me I assumed was nailed shut.

Chris, appreciate the comment. I don’t suppose that’s a cash prize you’re referring to, is it? ;)

Michele, thanks! LOL, you hit the nail on the head - it was literally the next-to-last note of the song that I missed so badly. That face was me thinking “____ it, I’m keeping it!”

Tom & Bill - thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

Bob - thanks, this was the first time I’ve recorded with the guitar plugged straight in via a DI & mixer, rather than mic’ed, pretty happy with the results.

Ness, Ken and Jay - thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot.

Jeff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic