John D. Loudermilk Windy and Warm by thereshopeyet

sbutler

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:11 pm

Great job so far Dermot. This is one of the songs I think of when someone only wants to learn a song and not technique. Learning that bass pattern will be time well spent in the future on other songs. Keep it up and you'll get it.

Scott

willem

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 pm

I had a look at the lesson for understand it more,,,I think I stay a while,,,

How is your feel on hitting a hammeron and the bass at the same time ??

Willem

MarkM

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Dermot,

Just getting to this now. Sorry. Congratulations on coming this far. Very interesting song. I haven't tried this yet so there isn't much I can say however I would agree with all of the good advice you have gotten so far. Work on getting that alternating bass down and the rest will follow. I would either slow it down or practice just one section at a time then focus on the chord changes. Really well done so far though. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

thereshopeyet

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Scott Wrote:
This is one of the songs I think of when someone only wants to learn a song and not technique.
Hello Scott, thanks for taking a look and commenting.
I'm not sure what you mean, do you think the tune when played correctly lacks technique?

Willem Wrote:
How is your feel on hitting a hammer on and the bass at the same time ??
I find I can manage the simultaneous bass and hammer on okay.
but have much room for improvement in all ways Willem.
Like sounding all notes clearly and not getting my fingers in a twist! :blush:

MarkM Wrote:
Work on getting that alternating bass down and the rest will follow. I would either slow it down or practice just one section at a time then focus on the chord changes. Really well done so far though. Thanks for sharing.
Hello Mark
I'm concentrating on the alternate thumb now it's been pointed out by everyone. :S
Also taking it slower too.
Thanks for watching and your suggestions.

Dermot

Hydroman52

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi Dermot,

Along with Marc, I noticed you turning away and then looking back at your left hand. I'm guessing that you are looking at your music notes? If so, here's a tip that was given to me that may help you. Put your notes (or whatever it is that is drawing your attention) more in line with your left hand. Then you won't have to turn your head. You'll only have to move your eyes. After a while, you won't need to look at your fretting hand or notes so much. Then you can practice playing with your eyes closed.

This is a big song to tackle. Good job, keep on it.

Hydroman52

thereshopeyet

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Hydro Wrote:
Along with Marc, I noticed you turning away and then looking back at your left hand. I'm guessing that you are looking at your music notes? If so, here's a tip that was given to me that may help you. Put your notes (or whatever it is that is drawing your attention) more in line with your left hand. Then you won't have to turn your head. You'll only have to move your eyes. After a while, you won't need to look at your fretting hand or notes so much. Then you can practice playing with your eyes closed.
Thanks to you too Hydro for having a look at my upload.
I'm looking out of the window so as not to look at the camera!
I find watching my hands makes me more conscious of playing and then I freeze too.
When I look at my hands, I think I lapse concentration ...... it's difficult not over thinking.... a big burden.
Not sure if that makes any sense!
:S :S
:blush:

I like your idea of closing my eyes.
My thoughts then would be...........would I then be able to play with my eyes open !!
I'd probably start peeking !!
:laugh: :laugh:

willem

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:37 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hydro Wrote:
Thanks to you too Hydro for having a look at my upload.
I'm looking out of the window so as not to look at the camera!
I find watching my hands makes me more conscious of playing and then I freeze too.
When I look at my hands, I think I lapse concentration ...... it's difficult not over thinking.... a big burden.
Not sure if that makes any sense!
:S :S
:blush:

I like your idea of closing my eyes.
My thoughts then would be...........would I then be able to play with my eyes open !!
I'd probably start peeking !!
:laugh: :laugh:
Thats an eye opener Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic