2nd take Fleetwood Mac Never going back again by RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:32 am

Hi Rick, great to see you backs winging the bat, er ax! Very nice job indeed on this classic, very evenly played and I can see it will speed up to the full Monty easily. Bet the missus was gob-smacked by that eh? Hats off, thumbs up and fish back in the bucket :laugh:

RicksPick

Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Craig thanks its already getting better and quicker

Jay dude thanks took some practice

Chris my man, thanks for not slapping meloI, lots of pie being eaten

RicksPick
thanks for to comments

buddy

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Rick, Ok so I think you have proved her wrong my friend, hope you had a side bet on this one ! I must have missed the part about your accident as I did not know you were out of commission. Glad to see that all is well and that all your work paid off on this tune, Bud

tombo1230

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Rick you should be proud! That was terrific. Learning slowly is as I'm sure you know key to playing it clean at speed!

Well done, soon be at full speed.

I hope your missus is as proud, seems like a great ploy to push you on. ;)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Great job Rick

Good to see you back in action.

Dermot

:laugh:

RicksPick

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Cheers Buddy Its good to be back,

Tom Thanks, the wife has jumped on that one, lol.

Dermot buddy thanks, and thanks keeping me sane during recouping.

Thanks guys, I need to test the uploader so will record again bit quicker and more free, that will be early next week.
If Jamellia's tips work out

RicksPick

Hydroman52

Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:25 pm

Nice work, Rick. It all seems to be there, fluid and smooth. The speed will come. I'd be interested in seeing you're next posting of this.

Hydroman52

dekotaj

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:13 pm

BRAVO!!!! Rick!!

Great job. Love the guitar effects.

Sound like a fantastic start to the song. You nailed the first part up the fret board. Not as clean on the lower frets. Please do me a favor, when you clean up the lower stuff. Let me no how you did it. I can't hardly get a real clean sound past about 8 or 9th. Look forward to the help.

Kev

RicksPick

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:16 am

Hi Kev Thanks, Well some times if im lucky I can get a clean sound if :
1 finger placement in perfect position, 2 right amount of presure, 3 the planets are alined lol
I have noticed its the same for Neil, sometimes its not as clean, more often than me by a long way lol
But In the put it together part of the lesson Neil even adjusts his position relative to the guitar to get a good go at it
So the fact that I dont get it to clean is no big problem cos sometimes I get it as clean as Neil and thats good enough for me.

RicksPick
Im hoping to re- upload this soon but upping the tempo is hard but i will be now trying to get it cleaner lol
thinking of you

michelew

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:05 pm

RicksPick wrote:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

OK TG'ers I'm back with my latest vid
There is a little story to go with this challenge lol

Well I was looking for a new tune to attempt and came across this on the site, and since I feel Im back to where I was before my accident I thought Yes thats the one.
So I showed Tina my sweet darling wife the video of Neil playing it, saying this is the next one!
Well after Neil had finished she looked at me, started to laugh "Yeah right you"
The shock on my face must have been evident cos she started to back track ( I should have been an actor luvie)
So I said I would prove her wrong, So Guys and gals how is it?
Hit me with it, pick that big wet fish up and slap me with it
Those who know me know that I can take any sugestions
Did I do a good enough attempt ? to pass the grade

RicksPick

Ok having probs as no vid, will try something else
This is coming along REALLY well Rick, way to go, congrats. Rick 1, Missus 0 :)

I love playing the bits of this song that I can manage but that pinky-barre ... Well mine really sucks. You've doing a far superior job than I can manage with any sort of regularity.

Post again when you're ready to.

Thanks for the inspiration to get cracking.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic