Nick Drake Road Take 2 by dtaylor

Music Junkie

Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:43 am

dtaylor wrote:
I have it as CFCFCF, it's very rapid but the best thing to do is ignore the intro until you get the main verse down.
I'll listen out for those tracks btw.
The book that I have has 15 of his songs, and they are all in STRANGE tunings (a few each in CGCFCF and CFCFCF)....lol I just wonder how he came up with them...

Three other songs that I really like are "Which Will", "One of These Things First" and "Northern Sky". I have TAB for them too. If you are ever interested, just PM me... ;) You really do justice to his work. B)

J

dtaylor

Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:51 am

Music Junkie wrote:
dtaylor wrote:
I have it as CFCFCF, it's very rapid but the best thing to do is ignore the intro until you get the main verse down.
The book that I have has 15 of his songs, and they are all in STRANGE tunings (a few each in CGCFCF and CFCFCF)....lol I just wonder how he came up with them...

Three other songs that I really like are "Which Will", "One of These Things First" and "Northern Sky". I have TAB for them too. If you are ever interested, just PM me... ;) You really do justice to his work. B)

J
Cheers J, I appreciate it, I've been using http://www.nickdraketabs.com/ they appear very accurate.

btw I did a version on Which Will on here if you'd have a listen and tell me what you think. It's such a delight to play.

Music Junkie

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:52 am

dtaylor wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
dtaylor wrote:

J
Cheers J, I appreciate it, I've been using http://www.nickdraketabs.com/ they appear very accurate.

btw I did a version on Which Will on here if you'd have a listen and tell me what you think. It's such a delight to play.

Wow, if you posted that here at TG, I can't believe I missed it. That was an amazing job. Vocals and playing. That site looks awesome, I will have to bookmark it. Thanks for the heads up on that one. You have always tackled some tough songs here, and I have always admired that. Thanks so much for sharing this one too. Like I said before, I look forward to the next installment. Excellent work all the way around. I am quite envious of your discipline and the skills it produces... ;)

J

dtaylor

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks J, glad you liked it :)

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Two great videos Dean! Loved 'em both. This style really seems to suit you well as the playing and vocals is/are excellent! Well done indeed... the RAF's answer to James Blunt! :-)

dtaylor

Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:02 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Two great videos Dean! Loved 'em both. This style really seems to suit you well as the playing and vocals is/are excellent! Well done indeed... the RAF's answer to James Blunt! :-)
The female adulation must be great but who'd want to become a item of rhyming slang!

BobR

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi Dean,

Very nicely done. The only problem, it was too short :laugh:

Thanks for the 2nd look

Bob

willem

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:24 am

Hey Dean,,this morning I listen a few times to ND's ''road'' and then to yours,,I must say!! very well done,,

Willem

ps I do not understand the joke between you and Chris(if it was a joke)

TGNesh

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:04 am

Finally getting to this one and what a treat!

It's always a joy to see you play (I've mentioned it before, love your handpositioning!) and not sure how you feel about it, but you have a very nice voice, fits the song perfectly. As for feedback, I'll leave it to Neil, but apparently he really enjoyed it too! ;)

Very well done Dean!

Ness

dtaylor

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:49 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Dean,

Not heard of Nick Till you started posting him here. Sure do like what I'm hearing. Will have to go to the tube and check him out.

As far as you performance. Enjoyed it very much. Only advice I might give if I was listen to it at, say, and open mic. And not that anything was wrong with the vocals. In fact sounded great. But I would try to get the vocals a little more out in front of the guitar.

Bravo Sir. Kevin
Cheers Kevin, I was hesitant on the lyrics, there's only two lines but I'd just learned to sing it and wasn't confident of the words! (Getting old clearly!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic