Nick Drake Road Take 2 by dtaylor

dtaylor

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:19 pm

I tightened up on the timing and added the singing, (what little there is) and tried to be more random with the picking. Any and all advice welcome.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Music Junkie

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Yeah!!!!!

That was awesome, Dean. Sounded tight and clean. :)

So, which Nick Drake song is next?... ;)

Jason

dtaylor

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Cheers Jason, 'From The Morning' is next on the list :) Hope it's a little easier to nail down than this one!

Music Junkie

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:51 am

That will be a good one too. I have a TAB for it in the following tuning

6-C
5-G
4-C
3-F
2-C
1-F

The picking in there would certainly pose a serious problem for me. The tempo is pretty quick. I think that will be a great one for you to tackle. Can't wait to see your first go. :)

I have really been enjoying my recent exposure to Mr. Drake. I like "Blues Run the Game" and "Time of No Reply". He certainly has a great body of work.

J

michelew

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:59 am

Dean,

That sounded really great. Very coooooool. Spot on.

Envious.

Shel

jayswett

Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:31 am

Great, great video. Your best yet in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed that. My only thought in terms of improvement, and I say this carefully as I think that rendition was nearly spot on, is that you might try to slow it down just a bit. Vocals, by the way, were just right. Really well done.

dtaylor

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 am

Music Junkie wrote:
That will be a good one too. I have a TAB for it in the following tuning

6-C
5-G
4-C
3-F
2-C
1-F

The picking in there would certainly pose a serious problem for me. The tempo is pretty quick. I think that will be a great one for you to tackle. Can't wait to see your first go. :)

I have really been enjoying my recent exposure to Mr. Drake. I like "Blues Run the Game" and "Time of No Reply". He certainly has a great body of work.

J
I have it as CFCFCF, it's very rapid but the best thing to do is ignore the intro until you get the main verse down.
I'll listen out for those tracks btw.

dtaylor

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:22 am

michelew wrote:
Dean,

That sounded really great. Very coooooool. Spot on.

Envious.

Shel
:) Thanks Shel, no reason to be envious though ;) Glad you liked it.

dtaylor

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:25 am

jayswett wrote:
Great, great video. Your best yet in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed that. My only thought in terms of improvement, and I say this carefully as I think that rendition was nearly spot on, is that you might try to slow it down just a bit. Vocals, by the way, were just right. Really well done.
Thanks for the advice Jay, I'll work on the tempo, I always tend to err on the side of too fast. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the compliment :)

dekotaj

Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 am

Dean,

Not heard of Nick Till you started posting him here. Sure do like what I'm hearing. Will have to go to the tube and check him out.

As far as you performance. Enjoyed it very much. Only advice I might give if I was listen to it at, say, and open mic. And not that anything was wrong with the vocals. In fact sounded great. But I would try to get the vocals a little more out in front of the guitar.

Bravo Sir. Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic