What a gorgeous song!!!! BRAVO!!!!!

Kevin

sandysue

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:23 am

Thank you Kevin
Sandy

jcrocket

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Wow Sandy, that was a great rendition of that song. You really conveyed the feeling behind it, and made it look a lot easier than it really is. Awesome job!

Jeff

sandysue

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi Jeff

Thank you so much for watching my video. I really appreciate your opinion. Neil gave me his thorough critique on my wednesday lesson. He made me play Rosa Mae again in front of him (yikes), but It was so helpful, and a good reality check. Looks like I still need lots of PRACTICE.:side:

Sandy

Craig

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Sandy,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, very busy time of year for me. I thought you did a GREAT job on a lovely piece! Your hard work and efforts are certainly paying off! It looks like you have nice long slender fingers to make those "Hogan Stretches"! The stretches look easy for you. I have short stubby fingers so those stretches are difficult for me to hit clean everytime. Congratulations on your effort. Keep up the good work!

Craig

sandysue

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi Craig

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my video. You're right, I worried a little bit about those long stretches myself, but, if you can put the tip of your left 5th finger on the 1st string on the 5th fret, and the tip of your left 1st finger on the 6th string of the 1st fret (did I say that right?), then you should be okay. It's such a nice song and I'm really glad that I made the effort.

Sandy

7645slug

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:50 am

I am working on a song to upload soon, hopefully I won't disappoint.

Lavallee

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:05 am

Hi Sandy, you played the song very well, nice smooth flow. I can see the ¨one finger at the time positioning for the chords¨, Neil recommendation, being applied very well here. The notes are really sustaining. It is obvious that long stretches are not an issue for you.

Great work

Marc

sandysue

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi Marc

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my video. I do struggle a little bit to make some of those stretches because my fingers are barely long enough, but my timing is starting to get a little better with practice. I wouldn't want to have to play that one live for anyone any time soon. I'm afraid I'd be on a wing and a prayer.

Sandy

Hi Tom G.

Can't wait to hear your song, Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect to be appreciated. We just want to hear you play

sandy

Rbinding

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Hey Sandy,

Great job! This is such a great song, I enjoy it every time I hear it. You've really come a long way in the last 4 months - playing open mic night at IGC, FOTW lessons, and now posting Rosa May. Bravo!!!

Ron

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic