The Beatles Yesterday Neil's Solo Arrangement by dtaylor

dtaylor

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:52 pm

I've been revisiting some tunes that I'd learned and left, as I found them too hard to play first time around. This was promoted by Willem's recent upload of a solo version that reminded me what a beautiful song this is.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:17 pm

Wow Dean, that was absolutely spot on! Really nice job, it just flowed out of your hands. Excellent!

Lavallee

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Very well played Dean, note sustainability has not secret for you. Your left hand is always well positioned for the tricky chords and you make them look easy. What kind of guitar do you have and how do you record, as it sounds very rich? I learned the song a few years ago, now I completely forgot, have to go back at it, such a nice piece

Thanks for bringing it up.

Marc

BobR

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi Dean,

That sounded so good. You always have the great hand position and the sound comes out so nice and clean.

Thanks for sharing
Bob

tombo1230

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:14 pm

That was pretty darn good Dean. I learned this a few years back and have forgotten how to play it now. Thanks for the reminder.

Very cool! B) :)

Tom N.

dtaylor

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:51 am

Thanks Chris, it seemed to flow better after a few glasses of Merlot. That may be my new practice regime.

Marc, that's a Martin 000M, no smart audio set-up, just an Apogee mic on my iPad. Does the trick. I remember Neil saying this was a nice easy introduction to chord solos and thinking 'I'll never be able to play this!' It's nice to go back and find things easier than you remember them.

Thanks Bob, hand position is one thing anyone who learns guitar here should have nailed down. It'd be pretty hard to play this with a baseball grip I reckon :)

Thanks for looking in Tom. B)

Music Junkie

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:57 am

Dean:

That was great to watch. The positioning and movement of your left hand was stellar. It looks like all that work on the Nick Drake tunes paid off in other ways too... :P Kudos on the accomplishment. Can you tell us all the brand of Merlot you use, so we can purchase some super juice too?

Cheers,

Jason

MarkM

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:19 am

Dean that was wonderful. Talk about making it look easy...... You should be very proud of this. Remarkable job!!!

MarkM

willem

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Super Dean,, so well done,,

fjeanmur

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Hey Dean!

Great job! So, since I've followed your lead on Imagine, how long did it take for you to finally nail Yesterday and what did you work on while you were finding it too difficult? And don't tell me Merlot! Let's see, I tried wine while playing once, got half way through the glass and figured it was time to put away the guitar, because I wasn't going to put away the wine! :blink: For me the two don't mix.

Fabulous job though!

Jean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic