Leonard Cohen Hallelujah by dtaylor

dtaylor

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:08 pm

This is another attempt at Neil's solo arrangements.
Any criticism or advice is welcome :)

BobR

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Dean,

I can't offer any advice, I just thought you did a fine job. Quite a pinky stretch in there :laugh:

Thanks for the look

Bob

willem

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 am

Great guitar that one,

I could sing the words along your playing so its a good job, maybe a bit smoother but i say maybe!

Thx

Willem

TGNesh

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:15 am

Sounding really good Dean, you got the 'roll' pretty well down!!

I'm missing one thing though, an alternating (or filler) bass note on like beat 4 and beat 10. In particular when playing a chord for 6 beats (I mean when the melody starts).

You know what I mean?

dtaylor

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:42 am

Bob, thank for the comment; Willem, cheers, I'll keep working on the transitions.

Vanessa, I know what you mean and just tried it with the alternating bass and it sounds much better. It'll keep working on it. Is the roll overdone? I lose perspective when playing something over and over so I can't tell any more if it's too much...

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:22 am

Dean:

You certainly won't ever hear any "criticism" from me. You play very beautifully. The only advice I can offer, is to KEEP POSTING these amazing covers. I can't wait to see what is next.

You really have such solid hand placement and clear picking. I also notice that you do not seem rushed when you play, and that translates to those crisp, clear notes.

dtaylor

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Cheers MJ, I'll keep posting (partly in the hope that others will too).

Feel free if you have any feedback, I'm posting for honest advice on how to improve. This is the only place other people hear me play, so I do value it :)

jimbo58

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Dean

if you want some honest advice, I would say. keep it up that was great!

and if this is the only place that hears you play, we are privileged and everyone else is missing out.

tombo1230

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:08 am

Hi Dean, great job! I always watch out for your posts.

This is one of several pieces I am working on, just started this one recently. It's a lovely tune and very nice to play.
I noticed (I think) that when there are two quick strikes on the same string, you use the same finger, i.e. the designated string finger.I don't have the music in front of me, but I'm sure its the high e string. Anyway, I would use the designated string finger and another finger to play the second strike because I feel it's more efficient. I used to not do this and kept the designated fingers in place, but I've heard Neil mention in some lessons to change fingers for speed and ease. Just thought I would throw that out there. I think it flows better doing this.

Keep posting, I, like most others here enjoy your playing, as your movement is effortless looking. B) :)

Tom N.

tombo1230

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:10 am

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic