>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Vanessa - Lovesong by MicheleW.

TGNesh

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:44 am

Thanks honey! :cheer:

I have to admit, originally it is not my idea, since this feature of Neil reviewing videos has been there for years. However, the last year, 2 years even? (I can't even remember), he actually hasn't done one anymore. Personally I've always thought it was one of the best features of the site and as a student I have definitely taken advantage of it and many others too. And yes, I've also (in those early being a student myself-days) shot little clips for fellow TG-ers to help them out with whatever they were working on.

I could've done that now as well, but decided to take a more official approach obviously. And what else could I do? Shel promptly responds to my suggestion and it was one of my lessons to begin with, haha! :laugh: Yeah, had to really go for it. :P

It takes a lot of time too, that's very true. Especially since English, as you know, is my second language. Here and there as you can see in the video, I get stuck a little.... :S Funny enough, with my own students here in Holland I tend to throw in English all over the place, since the language expresses better than dutch. Oh well, I'm getting there! ;) ....In the end, I just happen to really love what I do and I réally want to help students to move forwards and such, so I hope people will show more of what they're working on.

Ness B)

crieniecat wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Great!! And you're very welcome! :)

It makes it more rhythmically too. Combined with the slaps/taps, whatever, it's cool for sure! B)

Ness

Really great idea to do these kind of reviews Vanessa :cheer:
It must take up a lot of your time, but as you can see by all the positive comments, all are happy you are providing this welcome addition to the TG forum.

Corina :)

michelew

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:52 am

As promised, I'm back showing some of the progress I've made.

Yep, I'm not always muting here. But working on it. :)

Sorry it's a bit dark after uploading it.

Please excuse the furry butt. :)

This is just to say thanks again.

Shel

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:34 am

muchts better shel,i can here that you have hard working on it.
Thumps up for you.

Anton

willem

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:30 pm

michelew wrote:

Shel
I'm envious of your butt,, oops I mean your guitar posture,
Great progress.

B)

michelew

Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Anton, Willem,

Thanks for watching guys and being sweet. It's nice to read that you can hear progress.

Willem - haha! You like my butt eh? It is a cute little woolly apricot butt to be sure. :) You too could have my guitar posture. All you need is a foot stool and to balance your guitar on your left knee. Nothing to it. :)

Anton - thanks for the thumbs up.

Thanks!

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:08 am

Awesome progress Shel!! :cheer:

Great working on the muting, de Fmaj7 and Dm (landing at the same time)!

Well I'd say, you're pretty much there. Now just keep playing, get it up to speed, play with and without a metronome, eventually sing and mission completely accomplished! :) :)

Loved the appearance of Kaylee, haha, sweet little thing with a cute butt! :laugh:

Ness

michelew wrote:

Shel

michelew

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:27 am

Thanks Ness! That's great to hear.

Almost mission accomplished eh? :) that's good too. I'm reading the tab at the moment so I've also got to memorise the variations and then just play them randomly. There's a long way to go if I'm going to try to make it my own. Of course, I may post it before then.

Thanks for your help on this. Your advice was really useful. The E7 run and the two-fingered Fmaj7 pull off with the 2nd and 3rd finger is working much better too.

Yes little Kaylee is a cutie. :)

Shel

crieniecat

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:36 am

Well hello Michele and Kaylee! B)

Such a cute little doggie you have there... Can't open the door eh? hmmm....that's just one of the reasons they keep up with us humans, we need to open it for them....lol :laugh:

What happens when I'm offline for a few days? :ohmy: I see many nice surprises here out on the forum, and one of them is you.

It's very nice to see the progress you are making and eh....shaking? You? Nope, can't see you being as nervous as you were before.
What a fine job you're doing there lady! :kiss:

P.s. your doing a fine job at assisting Kaylee's debut too :woohoo: ;)

`Corina :)

michelew

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:17 am

Thanks for being so sweet Corina. It's nice to hear.

Kaylee has shown off her sweetness several times on the forum, especially as a puppy.

I'll find a couple of photos for you. :)

Michele

Here's my other furry little girl. :)

crieniecat

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:47 pm

ooooh... they're beauties!!!
Nice :) :) :)

:kiss: Corina

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic