>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Vanessa - Lovesong by MicheleW.

TGNesh

Sun May 31, 2015 7:39 am

Hey all!

Recently our long time Target member MicheleW was brave enough to instantly follow my suggestion to post a work in progress of Adele's Lovesong. So in the video below I provide some suggestions which I hope will be useful.

Cheers,

TGVanessa

(btw next time I'll try to keep it shorter!! :ohmy:)

michelew

Sun May 31, 2015 8:43 am

WOW! Thanks Nessa. I feel completely honoured to have received your first official review and a 13 minute long one no less.

There's so much in there for me to work on. I had tried the fingerpicking approach for making the Fmaj7, as in landing the fingers in the order you pick them, and that was sort of working when I was thinking about it, but.... My bossy second finger always got ahead of the others as you noticed. I will definitely do the drill to land them at the same time, for the Dm too. It will really help me to get other songs down better if I can achieve landing all fingers at the same time.

The chorus - I didn't realise he was muting there, I was more trying to not tap as you had suggested. But the muting sounds cool so I'll definitely work on that.

The E7 and the run - great advice I'll pay attention to that, my fingers are getting lost a bit. I think it's also because I don't know when the run is coming up well enough yet (and I'm not reading far enough ahead).

The three finger pull offs definitely aren't working for me, I seem to need the first finger anchor to get the leverage to pull the third and fourth off; so I think I'll stick to that as you've suggested.

Thanks for being so sweet and so generous with the huge amount of feedback. I don't think its too long. :) it's good for me. That's for sure.

This will all help. Thanks Teach! You've made the recording nerves WELL worth it.

Thanks again.

Shel :kiss:

TGNesh

Sun May 31, 2015 9:52 am

Very pleased to hear you've found it useful Shell and that it was worth the nerves! :)

Oh and btw, the muting is only for the verses. In the intro, chorus and interludes he lets the strings ring, that's it.

Now don't wait too long showing me the next steps/level/progress and such. ;)

Ness

michelew

Sun May 31, 2015 5:52 pm

Muting in the verses only. Got it! :)

Thanks Ness!

Yamaha48

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:28 am

Hi shel.
good working on this, and a lot of tips and hints fron nes.
some tunes or songs needs more time.
when the camera is of, evrything going mutch better.
hope to see verry soon a new video shel.

Cheers Anton

thereshopeyet

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Michelle

I enjoyed your progress video, that was pretty good.
What a super review from Vanessa.
Fingers catching up......interesting perspective ....good food for thought and practice.

Dermot

michelew

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Anton and Dermot,

Thanks for watching. Yep this is definitely one of those songs that I need to play A LOT. Camera nerves, YEP, they do challenge the sly amongst us.

Nessa's advice is AWESOME. She has a great eye and ear for detail and a great way of explaining things.

Very lucky here.

Thanks guys!

Anton, I noticed you've uploaded a video too. I intend to watch it during my lunchbreak :)

michelew

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:15 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Very pleased to hear you've found it useful Shell and that it was worth the nerves! :)

Oh and btw, the muting is only for the verses. In the intro, chorus and interludes he lets the strings ring, that's it.

Ness
Hey Ness,

I'm incorporating the muting/shortening of the notes in the verse tonight. It's sounding cool to be sure. Doing it with the G is proving trickier.

It's fun to do too.

Just saying thanks!

M

TGNesh

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:54 am

Great!! And you're very welcome! :)

It makes it more rhythmically too. Combined with the slaps/taps, whatever, it's cool for sure! B)

Ness

michelew wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Ness
Hey Ness,

I'm incorporating the muting/shortening of the notes in the verse tonight. It's sounding cool to be sure. Doing it with the G is proving trickier.

It's fun to do too.

Just saying thanks!

M

crieniecat

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:27 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
[quote]Great!! And you're very welcome! :)

It makes it more rhythmically too. Combined with the slaps/taps, whatever, it's cool for sure! B)

Ness

Really great idea to do these kind of reviews Vanessa :cheer:
It must take up a lot of your time, but as you can see by all the positive comments, all are happy you are providing this welcome addition to the TG forum.

Corina :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic