A Work In Progress Video For Review - Suggestion

TGNesh

Sun May 31, 2015 10:30 am

Hey all!

Please take a minute to watch the video and more importantly to consider the suggestion! :)

TGVanessa

michelew

Sun May 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Well I'm absolutely glad I posted my progress. Your tips will definitely help me to progress this song more quickly.

People used to post their progress a lot more in the early days of TG. I find it motivating. Yours and Neil's feedback can often be applied to things that lots of us are working on. So the more people post their progress, the more they are helping themselves and the more they are helping the rest of the community too.

I like the weekly lesson analogy. I haven't really worked with someone in that way. It makes SO much sense.

Thanks again Ness.

Shel

TGNesh

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:50 am

Yeah....the early days eh?! ;) Those were fun and sometimes intense! :laugh:

For this thread and this suggestion, I was actually thinking about my own real life students and how they progress and how much I want to add every week to where they're at, at that moment. I feel that I do my job mostly during the process of working on a song. So I thought, lets try and carry that over here at TG as well. So yeah, I hope some will take advantage of that. I'm of course really glad that you did and do! :cheer:

Thanks Shel and you're welcome! :)

Ness

michelew wrote:
Well I'm absolutely glad I posted my progress. Your tips will definitely help me to progress this song more quickly.

People used to post their progress a lot more in the early days of TG. I find it motivating. Yours and Neil's feedback can often be applied to things that lots of us are working on. So the more people post their progress, the more they are helping themselves and the more they are helping the rest of the community too.

I like the weekly lesson analogy. I haven't really worked with someone in that way. It makes SO much sense.

Thanks again Ness.

Shel

michelew

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:44 pm

That makes a lot of sense Ness. We're lucky you're so passionate about teaching and helping us all to improve.

You're a sweetie.

Yamaha48

Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:29 am

I think a good thing ness, but where upload the video?
Maby a good idee to make a special uploader for progres video for review?

Cheers anton

TGNesh

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:28 am

You got a point there Anton. Coincidentally Neil told me yesterday that they are working on getting the Videos For Review-uploader back up, so that will remain the place the go. Also my responses will be uploaded in an official post.

In other words, I hope it'll be resurrected soon! :)

Ness

yamaha48 wrote:
I think a good thing ness, but where upload the video?
Maby a good idee to make a special uploader for progres video for review?

Cheers anton

willem

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:15 am

Horay,great suggestion, I know for sure it wiil work for you and give a review 'cos you love it.

I know also that in the past not everyone that put a video for review up has gotten a review. Maybe there was no time left in the week/month to give one.

Hope it goes better now 'cos its a strong thing, the best thing a guitar lesson site can have, you don't see it elsewhere.

Willem

TGNesh

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:46 am

It's not about me Willem, it is about all of you! ;)

But yes, I love to teach and I'll certainly respond to uploads for review (especially if someone is working on a song that I've done a lesson on).

Keep in mind though, not every upload needs a specific review, since some got it all worked out already. Like Anton, earlier this week, I couldn't add anything, except for giving major compliments which I did. :) That might have happened in the past as well. And of course, Neil and I do need to make time for it (it's a bonus in the end), which is not so easy....you know, busy busy busy. :S

Still, I do believe in the feature a lot, so I'll do my best for sure! ;) Hopefully the Uploader will get fixed soon.

Ness

willem wrote:
Horay,great suggestion, I know for sure it wiil work for you and give a review 'cos you love it.

I know also that in the past not everyone that put a video for review up has gotten a review. Maybe there was no time left in the week/month to give one.

Hope it goes better now 'cos its a strong thing, the best thing a guitar lesson site can have, you don't see it elsewhere.

Willem

TGNeil

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:28 am

TGVanessa wrote:
It's not about me Willem, it is about all of you! ;)

But yes, I love to teach and I'll certainly respond to uploads for review (especially if someone is working on a song that I've done a lesson on).

Keep in mind though, not every upload needs a specific review, since some got it all worked out already. Like Anton, earlier this week, I couldn't add anything, except for giving major compliments which I did. :) That might have happened in the past as well. And of course, Neil and I do need to make time for it (it's a bonus in the end), which is not so easy....you know, busy busy busy. :S

Still, I do believe in the feature a lot, so I'll do my best for sure! ;) Hopefully the Uploader will get fixed soon.

Ness

willem wrote:

Willem
Hi Gang,

I believe the Uploader is working now, as Anton's Budapest seems to have gone up that way. It is the responses that we are trying to put in one of our YouTube channels that needs just a little more testing. Should be good to go in a day or two so start the uploads!

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic