Student Video upload for review - Never Going Back Again - michelew

michelew

Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:11 am

I tried unsuccessfully to upload this to the Student Review channel a number of times. No joy. So I'm posting here and I'll try and fix it later.

I've been working on Never going Back Again for some time as you know. I need help! My jump/slide up to the body in the chorus/solo is really unreliable. I often land badly. Is there a better approach?

Thanks!

Michele

Sorry I realise now that I also put this in the wrong part of the forum. I presume someone will move it.

Thanks.

M

willem

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:29 am

My ear say that it was very musical ,maybe it loses a bit from that when you go up speed..

Love your doggy

Willem

Lavallee

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:42 am

HI Michele, you are almost there, the proof is that your dog is listening with respect, no howling ;)

Looking forward to read the comments from the Grand Poobah
Marc

wrsomers

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:40 am

That was great Michele! I love your left hand technique; never saw your thumb once. I wish I could reverse all the years of bad habits with the baseball grip. Part of the reason for that is my using the thumb wrap. In any event I really enjoyed this post.

Bill

sandysue

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:21 am

Hi Michele

That sounds really pretty. It takes a lot of practice to get to where you are now. I love how you did that progressive video. Your guitar has a really pretty sound to it. :)

Sandy

Music Junkie

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:31 am

Michele:

It looks like you are really making some progress on this one. Your technique with both hands looks solid, very enviable. :)

I love the way you did the video, and how you did multiple speeds and showed the exact part you are having the most trouble with. Clips like this one, and the responses they receive are a huge part of what this site was made for. Can't wait to see this one progress.

J

crieniecat

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi Shel,

Nice tune and I fully agree with the others.
Your progress vids are fun to watch (as are your two dogs right beside you) :)

It gives us a chance to have a look into "your kitchen"
With some guidance here and there how to mix the right amount of ingredients, the end result will be the perfect cake ;)

Thanks for sharing :kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Fabulous Shel! Loved the whole video and the idea of showing the different speeds. You can hear and see the work you have put into this. The sound was very clear and clean so that's a sign of great finger work. Looking forward to what guidance you receive :-)

Chris

tombo1230

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Fantastic work on a brilliant song Shel. B) :)

If I were you I would spend a good half hour to an hour performing the slide and I would do it in super slomo, really, really, slowly, just that little section, getting it correct each and every time you do it. If you can do it slowly until you're happy, then speeding it up to tempo will be following shortly after. That's my twopence worth. Good luck, looking forward to seeing it when you are happy with it. :)

Tom N.

dtaylor

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Nice work Michele, I know you've been working on this a long time and the progress is there to see. Just a thought, have you tried this on a non-cut-away guitar? I find it's easy to slam your left hand against the body and your little finger falls naturally on the 8th fret every time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic