>>Target Members Only Student Video Review by Neil - Fleetwood Mac Never Going Back Again by michele

tgjameela

Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live.

Today we look at: Fleetwood Mac Never Going Back Again by michelew

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... ew_id=1181

michelew

Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Neil,

Thank you SO much! Gosh there's so much information packed into this review. I think I'll need to listen to it many times to really absorb it all properly.

I know all of that will make a big difference. You've hit on all the points I was aware I was having trouble with and given me better ways of doing things in others. Using the pinky more is always fun if sometimes crazy making. :)

I'll definitely work on all of that and then post something again soon.

Thanks for doing this so quickly too. Amazing!

Michele

michelew

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 pm

I just listened to this again (on my lunch break) and I'm really looking forward to getting home from work this evening so I can apply the changes. Making the changes that will allow some important notes to ring longer will be really nice when I get the changes in fingering, for example, down.

Lots of great stuff in here that I'm sure I'll be able to apply in other songs too.

Of course... Now I just want to go home so I can get cracking. Having to work...who ever thought that was a good idea? :)

Thanks again Neil.

M

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:35 am

Michelle

Loved your rendition of Never Going Back Again
It was great and lots of great stuff in Neils review I'd find helpful tackling this song.

Thanks for sharing

Dermot

:)

willem

Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:02 am

What a bonus,,

TGNesh

Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Awesome review Shel! Now show us an update when you can, you're almost there! ;) :cheer:

michelew

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Will do Ness. Thanks.

Thanks Dermot. Yep Willem, it's a really helpful review.

M

dennisg

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:56 pm

That was hugely enjoyable, Shel. One of may favorite songs played by one of my favorite people. I can definitely see big improvements as you got more comfortable playing it ... for example, that big leap up the neck. And you even nailed the slide. All it took was to have a dog in your lap to distract you.

I'd love to see your progress as this moves along. And maybe one day you'll add the instrumental bridge that Lindsey B added to the song.

Anyway, good on ya for taking this wonderful song on. I'm proud of you.

tombo1230

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:09 pm

That was awesome Shell. Really enjoyed your playing and it is such a cool tune too. That will be great very, very, soon.
Well done, looking forward to your next update. :)

Tom N.

michelew

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Awwww... Shucks! Thanks guys. :) :) :)

Den - you're the sweetest, you really are. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: I'm working on this slowly today (with very cold fingers, not so fun in steel strings). The biggest thing so far is unlearning the automatic fingering, and learning how to play using my 3rd and 4th fingers for the roll and slide instead of my 2nd and 3rd. I can do it, but once I stop thinking about it I revert. Oops! :) I really need to practice it into muscle memory.

Regarding the bridge.... I think I'll need assistance from a friend to do it justice. :) David! (still interested in a collaboration?). Well I guess never say never. So I may well learn it too .... One day. :) But a nicer long term goal would be to perform it with David at PSG Camp one year; we could make it a threesome, want to sing? I've seen Lindsey and Stevie doing nice harmonies on this. :)

Tom - thanks! It's a great tune.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic