Don McLean Vincent by dtaylor

jayswett

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:10 am

That was great. Smooth, perfect timing, not a single missed note that I could hear. Very enjoyable.

dtaylor

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:49 am

Den, thanks very much for the compliment, I must admit it's still a work in progress and not completely committed to memory, so to come over as confident is encouraging.

Tom, I think we have similar tastes for a sweet melody, thanks for your kind comments.

Ness, I had a listen to your beautiful rendition from 4 years ago, it's great to have that as a playing partner, though I'll never match your stunning singing. Thanks for your kind words and tips.

Jay, tbh I think Neil will spot a few timing issues, just a brain lapse as I went along, but I'm glad they didn't detract. Cheers for taking the time to have a listen.

Craig

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:48 am

Dean,

Well done! The playing was great and that guitar sounds wonderful! Congratulations!

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Really nice work Dean! Such a beautiful version of such a beautiful song. And on that Brazilian rosewood BSG, wonderful! What a glorious day it was walking into Die Gitarre and playing that very one and finding it's sister, my Indian rosewood BSG. So glad I posted that video way back!

willem

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:09 pm

beautiful,,wish I had it only so far..beautifull

dtaylor

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Craig, glad you enjoyed it, thanks for listening.

Chris, when you posted the video my eyes were opened and I was taken by the sound, even through the Internet you could tell they are special guitars. I started to find out more about the company, I'm truly glad I invested, it's the gift that keeps on giving in terms of the tone developing. Thanks for the compliment btw.

Willem, it's been a while since I heard a video from you, maybe soon?

Lavallee

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Very nice playing Dean, you always play with finesse. I like the melody separation from the base that you do (I mean not hitting base and high string together).

Marc

willem

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:29 pm

dtaylor wrote:
[quote

Willem, it's been a while since I heard a video from you, maybe soon?[/quote]

I don't think its going to be soon,, its such a mess with the cam on recording.

B)
Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic