>>Target Members Only Student Video Review by Neil - Progress Vid - Never Going Back #2, michelew

tgjameela

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live.

Today we look at: A progress report from michelew who has been working on Fleetwood Mac's Never Going Back Again.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... ew_id=1186

willem

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:24 pm

Why is this the same review as there was a week or so ago?

Willem

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:07 pm

. Image

:blink:

michelew

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:30 pm

When I posted this on the weekend, I was hoping that Neil would see that I was trying to incorporate his advice with some success and the need to keep working at it of course. I would have been happy with a written comment saying that I was was on the right track (...or not depending on whether Neil thinks I've understood what he was asking me to do).

Being Neil, it looks as if he has produced a video response which is more than I was expecting and SO cool. Unfortunately, as Willem and Dermot have said, the "Neil's Reply" tab takes you to Neil's original review.

Jameela - is it possible to insert the correct link? Or is this maybe a bigger system issue? I'll post a support ticket. Thanks.

I'm very curious of course. :)

Neil thanks!

tgjameela

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry for the technical hiccup, the correct review is up now at the same link: www.totallyguitars.com/video-review?review_id=1186

Thanks for your patience :)
Jameela

michelew

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Thanks for fixing that Jameela. :)

Neil,

Thanks so much for my second review on this song. My slides have always been a bit woosey (pathetic) so it will be great to focus on those so I can really improve them. I'm sure it will pay off in other things.

C bass note, got it.

Changing up the picking finger, mission 'slight of hand' it is! :) well I'm sure I'll need to make some new neural pathways for that one.

That will keep me busy. :)

Post in a week? Hmmm... Maybe,... though I suspect people are getting a little overexposed to me and this song in particular at the moment.

But once I feel like I've got your advice from both reviews as incorporated as I can, I may post it then.

Thanks again. It does feel like I've just seen you for a weekly lesson. That's amazing!

Michele

TGNesh

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Thanks Jameela! :)

Another awesome review Shel! You're almost there for sure! :cheer:

tgjameela wrote:
Hey guys,

Sorry for the technical hiccup, the correct review is up now at the same link: www.totallyguitars.com/video-review?review_id=1186

Thanks for your patience :)
Jameela

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:02 pm

Michelle

Nice second review Michelle.

Dermot

:)

michelew

Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Dermot thanks.

If you're in a rut, that's a perfect time to seek advice about how to get yourself out of the hole.

Why don't you record the bits you're having trouble with and post them for review. Neil's on fire. There's a good chance he'll show you exactly what you need to do.

Seriously, I'm now wondering why I didn't post my progress (and the bits where I was having trouble) earlier.

What have you got to lose except your bad habits?

M

michelew

Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:47 pm

TGVanessa wrote:

Another awesome review Shel! You're almost there for sure! :cheer:
Thanks Nessa! Supportive as always. :)

You know the music for this song is only one page long. :) it's amazing how much there can be to really master in a single page. Well... I imagine others have gotten it down MUCH faster than I have. But I absolutley feel like I have the finishing line of this marathon in sight. Well ... At least it's no longer over the horizon. :) I'll have to REALLY slow this down to get the right hand changes under control but it will be GREAT when I've finally managed to apply all of Neil's advice and then I can work on getting this up to the right speed. :)

Thanks for being my cheer squad on this one and keeping me pointed in the right direction Ness. I've absolutely benefited from going with the progress video approach - adopting that is all your fault. ;)

:kiss: Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic