Marvin Gaye I heard through the grapevine by Lavallee

Lavallee

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:37 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hi all, I wish to post this video to get help mainly on the solo that no matter how many times I have tried it, it comes weak. I tried slow , very slow, normal , many hundreds of times, still can' t get it. Anything else you see that needs improvement, please shoot.

I got a new guitar (as Bob pointed out :) ) It is a Taylor 210ce DLX, the entry level model. I have found my APX 900 body to be a little thin compare to this dreadnut.

I am using a karaoke backtrack from which I kept, the voice, the drum track, the voice, the horns and the tambourine. I removed the bass, the organ and the backvoices

Thank you for viewing

Marc

BobR

Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi Marc,
That was terrific. Great job all around. I really loved the percussive touch
Do I see a new Taylor?

Thanks for sharing
Bob

willem

Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:13 pm

You Marc, that was fantastic, wish I could do that allthough I work hard,, well your hard work payed of for sure,, great result.

Mmm nice guitar too

Willem

dtaylor

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Really nice playing Marc, would've liked to hear your guitar a bit higher in the mix though. Nice percussion effects and synchopation in the bass run. All round good job.

davidrfinn99165

Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:41 am

That was excellent Marc, really fun to see Neil's recent lesson played agst the original, thank you!

Lavallee

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 am

Hi Bob, actually the percussive effect, or lack of it on my red guitar is why I decided to get a new one. I have seen the difference right away, so I am glad I did.

Hi Willem, I am glad you like it. I am using Reaper in which I can insert an mp3 file (the track) and the guitar is another entry. So when the track play I play along and it records it. Thanks for the guitar comment

Hi Dean, thanks for your comment. I guess that because I have been working on the song for a month without bearly playing anything else, for me the guitar is almost the only thing I hear :) . Besides trying to do Neil`s lesson I wanted to hear the base drum in the track to get (or try to get)the rythm, but I agree that it hides the guitar. The next one will be guitar only.

Hi David, when I was trying to learn the lesson, I realize that I knew the song but not so much in the sense that without the song playing I could not make sense of when to change the 2 main chords, this is why I used the backtrack

Marc

TGNesh

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Awesome Marc! Your hard work is paying of sure, very well done!!

I'm off to watch your review, which i'm sure will give you great feedback.

Ness

Lavallee

Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:02 am

Thank you Ness. I am working on Neil' s recommendation. I also start working on one of your lesson. Hope to post for feedback in a few weeks

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Magic Marc! I love it when you go for these classics and you always do a great job and have me smiling all the way through.
I thought this was your best yet. I already listened to Neil's advice so I know he was impressed too. Great job!
And... a new guitar! A bigger guitar suits you well!

Lavallee

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 am

Thanks Chris, hope the return from vacation is nice and smooth. Sure like the better sound from the new guitar.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic