Tommy Emmanuel Rubys Eyes by sbutler

sbutler

Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:08 pm

I am sure you can do it, damn B chord,,

TGNeil

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:20 pm

Scott,

This is great! We will get through it in small doses. I can't do a video just yet but the first advice is make the barre bigger, imagine you are barring 7 strings rather than 5 or 6. The pull off from D# to C# will work better into a bigger part of your index finger.

Also, in the second measure, hold the F# down on the 4th string with your 3rd finger when you play the 2-note combos on the 1st and 2nd strings.

More soon,

Neil

sbutler

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:27 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Scott,

This is great! We will get through it in small doses. I can't do a video just yet but the first advice is make the barre bigger, imagine you are barring 7 strings rather than 5 or 6. The pull off from D# to C# will work better into a bigger part of your index finger.

Also, in the second measure, hold the F# down on the 4th string with your 3rd finger when you play the 2-note combos on the 1st and 2nd strings.

More soon,

Neil
Thanks Neil. I've seen and heard you give that "bigger barre" advice for years now. Most of the time, I try to remind myself of that, but today it went "poooff".

Even though I found the tab on the net somewhere, I'm pretty sure its not correct, and what you saw me do today, was simply picking thru the melody, with no concern about timing. I have no idea about the extra bass notes or fills for the most part. Nor do I know if my fingering is correct. It will will really be a challenge later in the song. But, I'll crack on.
The upload thing worked better than I thought, and now that I know how to do it, I may do it more often.

Thanks Neil.
Scott

mecutl52016

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:26 am

where do you get the tabs for this song?
Thanks in advance.

TGNeil

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:38 am

mecutl52016 wrote:
where do you get the tabs for this song?
Thanks in advance.
I am looking into that now, as there are a few out there with varying degrees of accuracy.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Scott

Thanks for sharing your video.
You have great sound there and clear video, what did you use to record it?
The three fingered A always feels crushed for me, but you need it for the individual notes, I think :huh:
I wonder if there is a way around that B chord for the mere mortal like me !
I suppose with mix of focused practice and rest, of that measure over a day or two it'll come.
Easier said then done though. :ohmy:

I Googled for the tab and came up with this version at the top of the search result.

Ruby's Eyes
I do not know how accurate it is, hopefully Neill will post his thoughts.

Looking forward to your next video.

Dermot

:)

willem

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:51 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Scott

The three fingered A always feels crushed for me, but you need it for the individual notes, I think :huh:
I suppose with mix of focused practice and rest, of that measure over a day or two it'll come.

I Googled for the tab and came up with this version at the top of the search result.

Ruby's Eyes

Dermot

Oh yes that shows, it's the Badd2 :laugh: chord..and pinky stress.

TGNesh

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Awesome that you've decided to show us what you're working on Scott! I'm sure Neil will help you out some more.

I just saw now that he has a teaser up, so you sure inspired him. ;)

Looking forward to see his review and hopefully some updates from you. It has been a while, cool! :)

Ness

sbutler

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:05 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Scott

Ruby's Eyes

Dermot
Dermot, I used the 3 year old Ipad that I have, to record and upload that video. I was surprised how well it worked. Our buddy Vanessa told me how to do it. Isn't she the best? Right up there with Neil. Between the two of them, if we don't learn how to play like pro's its our own fault.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic