Joe Bonamassa Driving toward the daylight by Lavallee

Lavallee

Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:21 pm

When Vanessa came up with this great lesson of Joe Bonamassa, I had to give it a go. I thought I should try to sing which is another ball game for me.

I find it difficult to have a good target on the strings to avoid over hitting the small strings. It seems to come out better when unplug (but I am not sitting in front of the strings, so maybe it does it and I do not hear it). The fact that I cannot remember the song totally when I play, force me to look at the monitor then the strings, sometimes the landing on the chord is not so good. I have much respect for those who can do that easily.

Also trying to keep the tempo is still a challenge when I am by myself rather then following a track which has become easier.

Any help would be appreciated

Marc

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Great playing Marc and you understand the song very well cos you singin it too.

Can't wait for Nessa

Willem

michelew

Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:40 pm

Unfortunately I'm seeing white screen where you video should be.

:(

I'm not having much luck with TG today....

I'm really looking forward to seeing this Marc when I can. I'll be back.

M

Edit - I got it working Yeh!

This is already sounding good. The hammer-on and slide motif is really cool. I'm sure Ness' advice will help enormously of course.

Good job singing Marc.

Shel

Music Junkie

Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Marc:

You have a very strong start on this one. I am currently working on it as well. I find it very difficult to land the starting chord of each measure. Getting that partial barre on the second fret, and then getting the pinky out on the fifth fret. You seem pretty comfortable with that. Nice work! The singing will come with time, and with a bit more memory of the song. Joe has some great tunes.

Good to see you again!

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Great stuff Marc! Love it.

sandysue

Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Really nice Marc. Great job playing and singing. thank you for sharing with us. :)

Sandy

Lavallee

Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks Willem, I did repeat the song many times, but when I play, there is a black hole in my head. You must have reply 1 minute after it was posted :cheer:

Thank you Michele, yes that hammer on is a little tricky to land clean all the time. As far as the singing goes, i am not a natural by far but with practice maybe some acceptable sound will come out. There might be some type of song that are better for me. Will see

Thank you Jason, I hope you will post when you will be ready. besides the hammer on chord landing sequence, I try not to rush it but I get late sometimes , I did find not so easy to flat pick between the strumming and to keep the time. It would be nice if there was some advice on that.

Thank you Chris, I hope you do not feel threaten by my singing performance :silly:

Thank you Sandy

Thanks for checking

Marc

TGNesh

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:50 am

How great to see this upload Marc, many thanks!

I'll be back this week. :)

Ness

sbutler

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:08 am

Well Marc, I can't give advice cause your doing better than I would or could. I can't /won't sing while trying to play. But I do know that is a really cool song, and its good to see you hittin it.

Keep it up Marc.

Scott

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:10 am

Lavallee wrote:
Thank you Jason, I hope you will post when you will be ready. besides the hammer on chord landing sequence, I try not to rush it but I get late sometimes , I did find not so easy to flat pick between the strumming and to keep the time. It would be nice if there was some advice on that.
Marc:

I am not sure I know exactly what you mean here. But as far as the strumming and then picking go, I really like the way he plays it live at Vienna (see below). When I was learning the strumming portion, I just listened over and over while playing along. The rhythm starts to sink in pretty well. He seems to be pretty light on the upstrokes most of the time. I don't know that he always does much in the way of flat picking between the strumming in this version. Mostly just a steady strum with emphasis on certain beats. BTW, I think you did a good job on the little solo too!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic