Neil Hogan Tears On The Moon by Craig

Craig

Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:47 am

Marc,
Thanks for the comment. I agree on the tuning. The deep bass sounds good on this guitar.

Jay,
Thanks. The song is a Neil original. It's a beautiful tune... especially when he plays it! :laugh:

Willem,
Funny you should say that, I do practice this song at night after everyone goes to bed! Neil did a great review, as always... now A LOT of work to do :dry: Thanks for watching.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Very nice work Craig! sorry I took so long to see it. You and the Koa are getting on really well and its great to see you posting again!
Chris

Craig

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:40 am

Chris,

Thanks for watching and the comment. The koa and I have become best of friends! :laugh:

Craig

michelew

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Craig,

Sorry to be so late to the party. I've been meaning to get to this since you uploaded it. It's really my loss that it's taken me this long.

I love the feeling you're putting into this. You've really captured a serene feeling. It's sounding really beautiful. I can only imagine it will be absolutely gorgeous once you've applied Neil's advice.

Gosh that's a beautiful guitar too.

Really lovely Craig.

Shel

dennisg

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:24 am

Craig,

For such a gorgeously mellow song, it's deceptively action packed. You managed to accomplish the two most important things in this difficult piece: you mastered the technical aspects of playing the song while, at the same time, capturing the spirit and the flow. I'm envious that you bite off really challenging songs and manage to chew them up. Excellent all around!

Craig

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:03 am

Shel,

Thank you so much for watching and commenting, I know you've been really busy with your projects that are turning out so wonderful! Thanks for mentioning the "feeling". It's an emotional song and I'm trying to get the feel of that rather than just plunk through the notes... Thanks for the guitar mention too!

P.S. The support I've received on this always helps build my confidence, coupled with Neil's great advice in the review is why I post! ;) :)

Dennis,

GREAT to hear from you! I always appreciate your support. Thank you! You are absolutely right, there is a lot of stuff going on in this song. I picked the song because it's beautiful... but in addition to that, it forced me to work on my hand position, slides, hammer-ons, and stretches. This song is a perfect example of, "just because it's slow doesn't mean it's easy!" Thank you my TG Pal.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic