Tommy Emmanuel Rubys Eyes #3 by sbutler

sbutler

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:28 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sbutler

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:42 am

Well I didn't watch it before I uploaded it, so at the very worst, it will be a little comic relief. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Scott

TGNesh

Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Wow....veeeeery nice Scott! Not only I admire your efforts and hard work here, but also your persistence. You're getting better and better for sure, sounds great! Many thanks for your updates! :cheer:

Ness

sbutler

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:45 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Wow....veeeeery nice Scott! Not only I admire your efforts and hard work here, but also your persistence. You're getting better and better for sure, sounds great! Many thanks for your updates! :cheer:

Ness
Thank you for the support my friend. Although I don't feel like I recorded my best effort here, I do feel like I'm getting pretty close to a final product, if I can only put all the pieces together. The little transitions between verse and chorus for example. I don't have a slowed down play thru to work with, and playing along with Tommy's recording is out of the question. But I will endeavor to preserver. :)

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Great to see your progress Scott! Much hard work going into this lovely song which I have come to like through listening to you work on it. The harmonics will really make it a show piece for you, so looking forward to that bit. Have a great trip to Morocco to see the Grand kids!
Chris

Lavallee

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi Scott, you are improving every time you post. Such a tough song and you still do it very well. Where are your grand kids in Morocco?

Marc

sbutler

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:32 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Scott, you are improving every time you post. Such a tough song and you still do it very well. Where are your grand kids in Morocco?

Marc
thanks Marc, I was a little disconnected yesterday, but I recorded myself good or bad.

My daughter lives in Fes Morroco. We were able to go see our new grandson for the first time in March, thinking we couldn't return again for a long time. But this opportunity has come up, so we are taking it.

Scott

sandysue

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 pm

What a beautiful song Scott. You've really progressed since I saw your last video. A little more time in the saddle and you will have this song perfected. It takes a lot of practice to get the timing and flow just right on a song of this caliber. great job.

Sandy

michelew

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:35 am

WOW! This already sounds really good. It will surely be amazing once you've smoothed it out and gotten it completely under your fingers. Playing something like this in front of the camera has got to mess with your focus, so I'm even more impressed.

I've never tackled something this hard, but when I have worked on difficult things I also work in sections. Once I try to put them together I generally have to slow it down to work on the connections. I know this is telling you how to suck eggs and that the sneaky camera has a way of speeding things up too.

Gosh you're getting some pretty sounds in there.

Michele

sbutler

Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:19 am

Thanks Sandy and Michelle. Always such kind words from you all. A person can't go wrong with support like you standing behind them all the time.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic