Victor Waltzing Matilda by jayswett

crieniecat

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Jay what a pleasant surprise!

Since quite a few of my family members at one point in the 70ties immigrated to Australia, the ones that stayed in The Netherlands, would sing and play this song a lot.
So fond memories, but besides that, very well played! Looking forward to your next one. :cheer:

And Victor, also good to "see" you again.
It is very nice of you to help out like that with this video. Why waited this long to post?! ;)

Yep, this is what TG stands for!! :)
Corina :)

vzg14

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi Michele,

I've always been fond of the song for decades, and I was inspired by the Chet Atkins/Tommy Emmanuel duet of this song in which they mixed in Road to Gundaghi with Waltzing Matilda. It took a very long while for me to find the nuances (and I know I didn't get them all), but I got it to a point that I thought was enjoyable.

I'm glad to bring you a smile. BTW, I did give a nod to you when I played this song at IGC.

Thanks,
-Victor

davidrfinn99165

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Well-played both Jay and Victor....very enjoyable.

Ralph Mctell recorded a couple of albums of children's songs and tacked an instrumental verse and chorus of Waltzing Matilda onto the end of the masterpiece that is Kenny the Kangaroo. In fact Andy may have talked me out of playing that one at guitar camp this year. Next year i won't be so easily cowed....

/ david

jayswett

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks for posting that video, victor. A lot for me to learn from Your performance. Just what I was looking for.
Jay

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:26 pm

vzg14 wrote:
Hi Michele,

I've always been fond of the song for decades, and I was inspired by the Chet Atkins/Tommy Emmanuel duet of this song in which they mixed in Road to Gundaghi with Waltzing Matilda. It took a very long while for me to find the nuances (and I know I didn't get them all), but I got it to a point that I thought was enjoyable.

I'm glad to bring you a smile. BTW, I did give a nod to you when I played this song at IGC.

Thanks,
-Victor
Thanks so sweet. :)

Tommy and Chet no wonder you we're inspired to create such a nice version.

M

Lavallee

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:40 pm

Good playing Jay, good to see you. Nice to meet you Victor good blend of songs

Marc

tombo1230

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:29 am

Well done to you both. My foot was tapping along with you.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic