Eric Clapton Nobody Knows You by jayswett

jayswett

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:46 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Very very nice Jay, the electric guitar fits you! :)

And yes, thanks for the loop-demo too, since I want one! ;)
Vanessa,
Another good progression to solo over is Give me one Good Reason (I think that's the name) which is a lesson you did a year or so ago, and I think you touched on the solo opportunities in that lesson.

jayswett

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:50 am

crieniecat wrote:
Well that was so much fun to listen to. You make it seem very easy.
Nice! Thanks for sharing :cheer:
Thanks for the nice comments. It's a completely different guitar playing topic that takes time to learn. It's alot of fun. No question.

BobR

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi Jay,

Very nicely played. :) :) It must be nice to be able to do some leads over your looper pedal.

Thanks for the look

Bob

tjwatson10167

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for sharing Jay. Nice playing. I've been thinking about a looper. I'll have to talk to Santa about that one.

Ted

Music Junkie

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:51 pm

Jay:

I know you are just getting into this looper, but can you share some things that you have noticed right away about the RC-3? What do you like, and what is kind of cumbersome so far? Once you have something in the loop, can you save it, or is it lost when you turn it off?

Thanks!

Jason

davidrfinn99165

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Hey Jay, that's terrific !! Really great to see you playing lead and going up the neck of that lecky guitar - great work. :)

cheers, david

Lavallee

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:47 pm

Hi Jay, a little late because I do not login often enough. Nice playing, that loop gizmo looks really fun. Whoever try something new always looks more interesting than what we can see on the web as it seems reachable because one of us normal people can use it.

You did very well with the solo.

Good show

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks Jay. I just spent an hour or so looking around the web. If money was no issue, I'd be looking at Strats, Gibsons and especially PRS. But looking at the entry level, Ibanez caught my attention (its placed between Fender and Gibson) and I found a model under 250 bucks which seems to play really well and give you a wide range of choice on the sound and style you'd wanna play: The Ibanez GRG170DX-BKN Black Night or, higher up the scale but under a Grand, the Ibanez RG 970 WBWZ which looks pretty cool too.

jayswett wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
That was pretty cool Jay, you seem to have that going really well. Thanks for the demo with the loop, been wondering about what its like to use one, looked like a lot of fun! So I looked them up, interesting I am also curious as to what you would recommend if I would start looking for an E-guitar?

Chris
Chris,
I am only now looking into getting a good electric guitar for my son and me. The one I used in this video is basically a garage sale type of thing. I have barely begun the process, but my sense is that I will probably get a Gibson Les Paul, although the Fender stratocaster seems like another high quality electric guitar. I have alot more to learn about it.

jayswett

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:35 am

tjwatson10167 wrote:
Thanks for sharing Jay. Nice playing. I've been thinking about a looper. I'll have to talk to Santa about that one.

Ted
I think you should. In fact, I am reminded of your performance of Wish You Were Here at IGC. It's fun to lay down the intro on the looper, then play the intro solo over that. Things you will need to get started with a loop station:

1) guitar (does not need to be electric)
2) Loop station
3) amplifier (nothing special)
4) chord from guitar to loop station
5) chord from loop station to amplifier
6) microphone with 1/4 inch adapter (if you want to add vocals)

That's about it. Easy to get started. I like to use the electric guitar and headphones connected to the amplifier, as it remains reasonably quiet, and doesn't disturb the kids doing homework etc.

jayswett

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:42 am

Music Junkie wrote:
Jay:

I know you are just getting into this looper, but can you share some things that you have noticed right away about the RC-3? What do you like, and what is kind of cumbersome so far? Once you have something in the loop, can you save it, or is it lost when you turn it off?

Thanks!

Jason
I like the fact that setup is easy, and it is quite easy to use for a beginner. It is mildly cumbersome getting saved recordings from the loop station to the computer, but certainly not a show stopper. Yes, you can save whatever phrase you have created. The Boss RC-3 allows you to save up to 100 different phrases at the push of a couple of buttons. Total time available for storage is like 3 or 4 hours. Quite a bit more than I will ever use.

There are some loop station demos and competition videos out there on youtube. Here's one that I liked:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic