Alan Parsons Project Eye in the sky by Lavallee

Lavallee

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:48 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I have been wanting to post this song for a review for a while but life have its way to modify any schedule. I am using medium strings causing some flubs on the F sharp base every now and then (too often actually). The constant base and the melody variation with the B min were the challenges. I was not improving any more so any advice is welcome. This is also to show that a song does not need to be perfect to post.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Fantastic Marc! Tremendous progress on that lovely lesson from Neil, loved it! Congrats.
How long has that taken you? What was the hardest bit?
Man I really dropped the ball on this one and have some catching up to do!

Another great post! :)

Lavallee

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks Chris, I pretty much started at it after the lesson (I am a slow learner). The melody variation of the Bm took me quite a while since there are 3 melodies, and I was confusing them. Also the fact to sometimes play 2 hours a week (in one day sometimes :( ) slows down the muscle memory.

You would do a killing with the song (you already sang it in a video)

Viele Grüße

Marc

michelew

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:30 pm

This is really cool Marc. I Especially LOVE the constant bass notes.

Chris and Marc - Perhaps you could both team up on this one. Now THAT would be very, very cool. :)

M

Craig

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am

Great job Marc on a very cool song! Not easy keeping that steady bass (at least for me)... I thought you did a great job with that. Keep up the good work. Great to see what your up to, as always.

Craig

willem

Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:22 am

I think that was very good,the droning bass, melody , your fingers listen!!

W.

jayswett

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:24 am

It's always a treat seeing your videos. What happened to your other guitar? Sorry we couldn't hook up two weeks ago. Let me know when you will be in town again.
Jay

BobR

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi Marc,

I thought you did that very well. Keeping that droning bass going for over 4 minutes wow :)

Bob

PS

If you'll be down Jay's way let me know too if you guys don't mind.

crieniecat

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:43 pm

michelew wrote:
This is really cool Marc. I Especially LOVE the constant bass notes.

Chris and Marc - Perhaps you could both team up on this one. Now THAT would be very, very cool. :)

M
Great! I second that idea Shel, Chris and Marc should indeed do a collab on this very nice song B) ;)

Cheers
Corina :)

Lavallee

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:39 am

Thanks Michele, Chris is already working on the song , I do not want to make it too easy for him :evil:

Hi Craig, good to hear from you, the bass part came good but the clean sound of them was still too irregular. The medium strings are challenging

Thanks Willem, yes my fingers are listening contrary to my kids

Hi Jay, thanks for your comment, I know you are busy with irregular schedules, so I just took a chance, I will try again next time. I bought the Taylor this summer. I keep the red guitar for alternate tuning (working on Led Zep Friends (C6 tuning) and and Eric Clapton Walking Blues (G tuning ) with a slide, but I am just beginning

Bob, always good a to hear from you, i know 4 minutes of pounding, but at least you did not have to hear me sing :laugh: Yes the next time I will be in the area I will certainly call you

Thanks for chipping in Corina, as mentioned Chris is already working on it, maybe on some other project

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic